The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Interviews

So I had my interview Wednesday and revieced a reply today saying we are not in a position to make a decision on your application until everyone has submitted there application on the 15th jan. This is for children’s nursing, is this the case with everyone? Or will some people have been given an offer? Im feeling really disappointed, do they leave many places for after the closing date? Any info Wud be really appreciated x
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank u x
On my selection day at edge hill a couple of weeks ago one of the current students said that because they had a lot of applicants (for children's and adults I think) they might put you on hold until they've seen all the people they want to see. I asked if a 'hold' means no and she said it's not a no, if it was no you'd get a no. So don't fear just yet!
Reply 4
Original post by SandyJL90
On my selection day at edge hill a couple of weeks ago one of the current students said that because they had a lot of applicants (for children's and adults I think) they might put you on hold until they've seen all the people they want to see. I asked if a 'hold' means no and she said it's not a no, if it was no you'd get a no. So don't fear just yet!

Thank you for your reply, my nerves r shot! They’ve said it could be March before I find out ... have you been accepted? Are you Apply’s g for adult or children’s? I believe the children’s is exceptionally difficult to get on 😩 x thanks again x
Hi Liza,

As mentioned, we've had a lot of applications for our Nursing courses. As there's a limited amount of students we can accept onto the course, offers for popular courses are often sent out once all applicants have been interviewed (typically around March/April). Understandably, this can cause people to be quite nervous, however it's absolutely not a rejection. Please rest assured that you're still being considered for a place on the course. If you need to speak to our Faculty of Health and Social Care about this, I'd recommend emailing [email protected].

We wish you the best of luck!

Alex
Reply 6
Original post by Liza1983
So I had my interview Wednesday and revieced a reply today saying we are not in a position to make a decision on your application until everyone has submitted there application on the 15th jan. This is for children’s nursing, is this the case with everyone? Or will some people have been given an offer? Im feeling really disappointed, do they leave many places for after the closing date? Any info Wud be really appreciated x
I have received the same reply as you. Felt quite gutted when I read this as it is one of my top choices too. Feel a little better now the Edge Hill rep above said it's definatly not a rejection but still makes me feel gutted as I saw on another group someone got given a conditional offer at the start of November. Maybe they scored really high or they offered some early on and now holding everyone else? Who knows!

I know what probably let me down and has more than likely affected my score. Which is annoying.

Have you applied/heard back from any other unis?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
I went for an interview on Saturday 15th dec, and I got that same email yesterday. I’m pretty sure I vaguely remember them saying a decision within 10 days for people who scored highly, and everybody else competes once all applications are in by the deadline. I’m really disappointed as well. I really thought I gave a brilliant interview, I gave a better one than Salford and Salford has offered me a place. Disheartening isn’t it but fingers crossed however I don’t feel confident now x
Reply 8
They just told us we will all get a decision within 10days so I'm guessing the email they sent is their decision basically saying you have to wait. 🤷🏽*♀️

Did you find the group task hard?

Well done on your offer for Salford. Have you had any other offers/interviews?

It's so hard to know what each uni is looking for too. It is disappointing as its very mixed messages but trying to stay positive! 🤞🏻
Reply 9
The group task was fun, you just put a puzzle together in a group of about 8 people.. I mean the actual puzzle was hard like but I managed to fit a few pieces together 😂 they were looking for interaction and team work, maybe some problem solving skills too. I don’t think they were checking who was the best at solving puzzles. I’ve got 3 interviews lined up in January for uclan LJM and Chester. I’m happy with an offer at Salford, I’ve heard great things about the uni. Edge Hill said something about 10 day while we were there but I expect this is for people who scored highly on the day. I gave it my best and I know I have the attributions of a nurse so will do my best wherever I go. Fingers crossed though x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending