The Student Room Group

gcse maths

heyy, does anyone need any help? I'm good at maths (generally) specifically algebra! If anyone has algebra questions drop them in! I'm new to this whole student room website and people helped me so I wanna help others! :smile: xx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lauren.24
heyy, does anyone need any help? I'm good at maths (generally) specifically algebra! If anyone has algebra questions drop them in! I'm new to this whole student room website and people helped me so I wanna help others! :smile: xx

my maths mock is tomorrow im pretty screwed i cba to revise tho im good at maths too so hopefully i should be fine :smile:
im just struggling with the masses of content there is i mean how would you revise like everything?
Reply 2
Original post by NetNeutrality
my maths mock is tomorrow im pretty screwed i cba to revise tho im good at maths too so hopefully i should be fine :smile:
im just struggling with the masses of content there is i mean how would you revise like everything?

I feel you.. like honestly, good lock for your mock tomorrow, hope you smash it! Also, I tend to use mathswtach a lot, not sure if you heard of it but it's brilliant! It's a website where they show maths videos in all the maths topics and you can select GCSE or A-level, higher or foundation tier etc. you can private message me and I can give you my login and password! This sounds dodgy but I promise you I'm not :smile: Hope you do well, and make sure you get some sleep! xxx
Reply 3
I feel you.. like honestly, good lock for your mock tomorrow, hope you smash it! Also, I tend to use mathswtach a lot, not sure if you heard of it but it's brilliant! It's a website where they show maths videos in all the maths topics and you can select GCSE or A-level, higher or foundation tier etc. you can private message me and I can give you my login and password! This sounds dodgy but I promise you I'm not :smile: Hope you do well, and make sure you get some sleep! xxx

ooooh, and I forgot to say, do lots of past papers and look at the mark schemes because you will begin to see a pattern in the questions they tend to ask and this technique works well for all your subjects too! :smile: xx
ooooh, and I forgot to say, do lots of past papers and look at the mark schemes because you will begin to see a pattern in the questions they tend to ask and this technique works well for all your subjects too! :smile: xx

ohh ok thank you but bearing in mind i have 3 hours to revise tomorrow which aint a lot lmao
yeah i need help i have a mock on friday and idk how to revise
Original post by coolguy1707

Well at least you starting earlier than me 😂
Reply 7
Well at least you starting earlier than me 😂

What do you need help in?

how do you progress like im getting really bad tests marks and i try so hard so in general what do I do?
Original post by huda122
how do you progress like im getting really bad tests marks and i try so hard so in general what do I do?

one thing

PRACTISE
What do you need help in?

I think I screwed up that mock worse than i thought I would've 😂
Reply 11

Heyy, what do you need any help in? Anything you're struggling with specifically??
Reply 12
Original post by huda122

Heyy, honestly maths comes with practice, there's a really good website called math genie and they give you lots of practice questions on specific topics, and practice papers because you will see a regular pattern in the questions they ask, you can also message me the questions you are stuck in and I will try my best to explain them xx
Reply 13
Original post by Bill Nye
one thing

PRACTISE

Agreed!
Reply 14
I think I screwed up that mock worse than i thought I would've 😂

Oh no! :frown: Don't let this put you down and focus on your others! Stay positive :smile:
Reply 15

What do you need help in? Anything specific?
Oh no! :frown: Don't let this put you down and focus on your others! Stay positive :smile:

Well that was my last one luckily I'm free now
Reply 17
Well that was my last one luckily I'm free now

ahhh! lucky you, I'm starting mine next week zzzzz
ohh ok thank you but bearing in mind i have 3 hours to revise tomorrow which aint a lot lmao

If you have little bit of time like 1 hour, just revise a one topic for example SOHCAHTOA and practice on it because then that can come up in the exams and you can get free 4 marks and if it doesn't come up then your screwed but after try to write down the topics that came up which you found it hard and learn them.
ahhh! lucky you, I'm starting mine next week zzzzz

Ohh damn good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest