The Student Room Group

Part time cert Ed student no eligable for maintenance loan?

Hi I’ve just starting studying a certificate in education: education and training (level 4/5) part time
I’ve been told I’m not entitled to any maintenance loan however the course intensity is 50% (as far as I’m aware).
I’m wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and been eligible/not eligible.

I’m just so curious as from the website I’m eligible and I also no someone studying full time are they are to getting the maintenance loan.
Thanks
Original post by Clou2510
Hi I’ve just starting studying a certificate in education: education and training (level 4/5) part time
I’ve been told I’m not entitled to any maintenance loan however the course intensity is 50% (as far as I’m aware).
I’m wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and been eligible/not eligible.

I’m just so curious as from the website I’m eligible and I also no someone studying full time are they are to getting the maintenance loan.
Thanks

Hi,

You must be studying one of the following part time courses in order to be eligible to apply for a Part Time Maintenance Loan (PTML):

Bachelor Degree (with or without Honours)
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Integrated Masters Degree
Graduate Diploma (Only eligible where a degree is not a condition of entry to the course)
Graduate Certificate (Only eligible where a degree is not a condition of entry to the course)
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
Foundation Degree in only Dental Health or Dental Therapy
Diploma of Higher Education in Dental Health/Dental Therapy or Operating Department Practice
Are you studying your course on a distance learning basis?

Thanks, Rebecca.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Rebecca
Hi,

You must be studying one of the following part time courses in order to be eligible to apply for a Part Time Maintenance Loan (PTML):

Bachelor Degree (with or without Honours)
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Integrated Masters Degree
Graduate Diploma (Only eligible where a degree is not a condition of entry to the course)
Graduate Certificate (Only eligible where a degree is not a condition of entry to the course)
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
Foundation Degree in only Dental Health or Dental Therapy
Diploma of Higher Education in Dental Health/Dental Therapy or Operating Department Practice
Are you studying your course on a distance learning basis?

Thanks, Rebecca.

I’m studying a certificate in education however share a class people studying a PGCE? I don’t quite understand how people you are sharing a class with are eligible when you are not?
Original post by Clou2510
I’m studying a certificate in education however share a class people studying a PGCE? I don’t quite understand how people you are sharing a class with are eligible when you are not?

Hello,

For a Part Time Maintenance Loan the only courses covered are the ones listed by Rebecca above.

The courses may share many similarities and classes, but as it currently stands it's only the listed courses that are covered.

Warm Regards, Dean.
Reply 4
Hi, can i just ask, did you get a tuition fee loan for the part time Cert Ed? I'm trying to find out if the course is eligible for one, but can't find that info anywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending