The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision help

Hello
Basically my mocks are in 2 weeks ive been revising 2 to 4 hours a day on different subjects.
Does anyone have any advice on how to revise for the real thing as ive never really found a way to enhance my revision skills
ill list the subejcts i take below
Maths
English Lang/Lit
Combined science
Spanish
History
Business studies
Drama
Music
Cheers Guys :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I left school in 2014 with no GCSE'S at all, is there a way I can re do my Gcse's in college or Uni for free? So i can eventually study heath and social care in University... Thankyou.
Original post by Svirgo19
Hello
Basically my mocks are in 2 weeks ive been revising 2 to 4 hours a day on different subjects.
Does anyone have any advice on how to revise for the real thing as ive never really found a way to enhance my revision skills
Maths
English Lang/Lit
Combined science
Spanish
History
Business studies
Drama
Music

This probably isn’t very helpful, but I revise by rewriting and editing notes because writing it down helps me to remember it, but it’s time consuming so not good just before an exam. I also use flash cards to help me memorise stuff especially with Spanish, Quizlet is good for this.
Hope it helps!
Reply 3
Original post by Svirgo19
Hello
Maths
English Lang/Lit
Combined science
Spanish
History
Business studies
Drama
Music

What I did was take a learning test - one that decides if you're a kinesthetic, visual or auditory learner, I came out as a visual learner which means i'm more able to remember the notes when they're colourful or presented in a way that makes it more vibrant- While you should do the others regularly, e.g kinesthetic doing past exams papers (which helps a lot, do some and send them into your teacher) or even just watching youtube videos on the subject and trying to understand it. Use sites such as SenecaLearning for science and for flashcards use quizlet, they really help a ton! if you have any questions just ask :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Dave1028
What I did was take a learning test - one that decides if you're a kinesthetic, visual or auditory learner, I came out as a visual learner which means i'm more able to remember the notes when they're colourful or presented in a way that makes it more vibrant- While you should do the others regularly, e.g kinesthetic doing past exams papers (which helps a lot, do some and send them into your teacher) or even just watching youtube videos on the subject and trying to understand it. Use sites such as SenecaLearning for science and for flashcards use quizlet, they really help a ton! if you have any questions just ask :biggrin:

Took your advice found i was more into youtube helped more
just had english lang and biology today both went pretty decent
Reply 5
Original post by Maximus55
This probably isn’t very helpful, but I revise by rewriting and editing notes because writing it down helps me to remember it, but it’s time consuming so not good just before an exam. I also use flash cards to help me memorise stuff especially with Spanish, Quizlet is good for this.
Hope it helps!

Thank you for your help with spanish.
For revision I mainly do past questions by topic to identify my strengths and weaknesses. Looking at the mark schemes also teaches me how the
examiner wants the answer to be phrased.
For History I make a lot of mind maps to remember dates and events and terms of treaties etc. Timelines also help, as they allow me to visualise the procedure of events (which will also help you as you're a visual learner).
For Literature just go to websites like Shmoop and Sparknotes to brush up on the summary, themes, analysis.
Music brush up on your terms and listen to loads of pieces.
Reply 7
Original post by the_logician
For revision I mainly do past questions by topic to identify my strengths and weaknesses. Looking at the mark schemes also teaches me how the
examiner wants the answer to be phrased.
For History I make a lot of mind maps to remember dates and events and terms of treaties etc. Timelines also help, as they allow me to visualise the procedure of events (which will also help you as you're a visual learner).
For Literature just go to websites like Shmoop and Sparknotes to brush up on the summary, themes, analysis.
Music brush up on your terms and listen to loads of pieces.

Thank you for the help got the real thing in May should be fun ;(

Quick Reply

Latest