The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Global Health and Social Medicine KCL

Hey guyss, is anyone thinking of applying to this course for 2019 entry? I havent met many people applying for it so far :frown:(

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I just received a conditional offer to study the course with a 665 in the IB! Did you apply for the course in the end?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I’m applying for this course as well. Haven’t send out my application yet though
Original post by jamie_cdv
Hi, I just received a conditional offer to study the course with a 665 in the IB! Did you apply for the course in the end?

Hii, yeah I did apply and I have received a conditional offer to study as well!! Congrats on your offer, is this your first choice?
Original post by sarah_kh16
Hii, yeah I did apply and I have received a conditional offer to study as well!! Congrats on your offer, is this your first choice?

Yep! It's the only Global Health course with sections being focused on the biomedical sciences so it's always been my first choice.
I am going to apply to this course as well, what other courses have you guys applied too. On your personal statement did you just refer to the course as global health because I am also thinking of applying to population health in UCL and Global health in queen Mary.
Original post by Glitzmania
I am going to apply to this course as well, what other courses have you guys applied too. On your personal statement did you just refer to the course as global health because I am also thinking of applying to population health in UCL and Global health in queen Mary.

I also applied to UCL for Population Health and then my other 3 choices were Medicine :smile:
Hi it's been a while since I've been on the site but I've since gotten all 5 of my offers. KCL GHSM, QM Global Health, UCL Population Health, and two other biomedical science courses (Warwick and Surrey).

@Glitzmania it might be too late but I'll post here for reference anyway. I mostly described how I first developed an interest into the biological sciences and then considered how this could be applied with my geographical knowledge to be used to treat diseases within populations worldwide. This in turn allowed me to cover both components of the KCL course (global health and the biomed options), as well as the modules in all of my other choices. I would like to note that I did get asked for a supplementary personal statement from Queen Mary

Hope this helps.
Just got a conditional offer for this course today :smile:
Did anyone apply to the year abroad one?
Original post by PaulVerzosa
Just got a conditional offer for this course today :smile:

Finally another one! Is this your firm choice? Cause it's so hard to find people who've also put this as their top choice. I guess no one really knows about the course at all.
Finally another one! Is this your firm choice? Cause it's so hard to find people who've also put this as their top choice. I guess no one really knows about the course at all.

Yeah its my first choice (: Still waiting for UCL to reply tho

@sarah_kh16 I only applied for the 3 year course. Hoping to possibly switch to 4 year course with abroad if I get in
how long did it take you guys to get an offer?

about 2 weeks
about 2 weeks

thank you its been about a week for me and still no reply probably won`t get one till after Christmas
Hi it's been a while since I've been on the site but I've since gotten all 5 of my offers. KCL GHSM, QM Global Health, UCL Population Health, and two other biomedical science courses (Warwick and Surrey).

@Glitzmania it might be too late but I'll post here for reference anyway. I mostly described how I first developed an interest into the biological sciences and then considered how this could be applied with my geographical knowledge to be used to treat diseases within populations worldwide. This in turn allowed me to cover both components of the KCL course (global health and the biomed options), as well as the modules in all of my other choices. I would like to note that I did get asked for a supplementary personal statement from Queen Mary

Hope this helps.

Hi there, how long did it take for you to receive your offers after submitting your UCAS form? Congratulations by the way on your offers by the way :smile:

1 and a half weeks for this course
Soo who's putting KCL as their firm choice then?
Soo who's putting KCL as their firm choice then?

Me 🙋*♂️
Original post by PaulVerzosa
Me 🙋*♂️

ahh that's great! :smile: i am aswell

Quick Reply

Latest