The Student Room Group

8 GRADE 9'S AND 2 GRADE 8'S - ask me anything!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What exam board are you?
Original post by oompahpah
In the summer I achieved 8 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I need major help with my sciences i'm doing combined so its not as hard as triple but i really want to get good scores HELP! Also I am horrible at English lit and language what do I do.

How about give me your brain:colondollar::colonhash:
Original post by hugs.for.drugs
I need major help with my sciences i'm doing combined so its not as hard as triple but i really want to get good scores HELP! Also I am horrible at English lit and language what do I do.

How about give me your brain:colondollar::colonhash:

I can help with English if there’s any specific questions you have. Haven’t done my GCSEs yet but got a 9 and A* in my end of year so I guess that counts for something x
Original post by lively tree
I got straight 9s by revising 2 hours in the morning and 6 at night.

When did you start this schedule? I'm more than determined to stick to that
Reply 64
Hi, I am currently in year 11 and I have my GCSES this year and I am stressing out because i got my mock results and they’re really bad I’m at 2/3&4’s and I’m stressing out because I want to get 7/8’s and I feel like giving up because I don’t think I am capable of achieving those grades AT ALL. And I feel like I’m going to fail really badly. Any advice ? ...
Guys how do you stop stress attacks (if thats a thing lol) and how do you lose the fear of failing. Because im Under so much stress i physically feel sick and cant do my work and burst into tears this happens nd i stop doing my work then ill feel guilty about it. I ALWAYS PROCRASINATE REVISION
(edited 5 years ago)
Could you make your self obsession any more obvious? If so how?
What subjects did you take for GCSE? What were the two grade 8 subjects? Did you get any of your raw marks back? :smile:
okay so we just started doing poetry at our school but what i would recommend is to make a list of all the “zooming terminology” e.g caesura, enjambment with the definitions so you can refer to it and get yourself the high marks. If you ever see a complex word in another person’s essay always search it up! You can then learn the word and use it in your own essays. With structure try to just go for the basic “PEEZL”:
1) Make a point. So if the question is how does the poet display their feelings about love powerfully and if maybe they use a lot of similes you could say something like: The poet strikingly demonstrates their love through the use of simile

2. Evidence. Why did you say what you said as the point? e.g Where in the text are there similes?

3. Explain. So talk abt the quote you’ve picked and explain it’s context w the rest of the poem- e.g why is ____ compared to ______ (if we’re continuing the simile example)

4. Zoom. This is where you try to use your terminology. Talk about juxtaposition, about alliteration, about personification, etc etc

5. Link. This is where all of your zooming has to connect back to the question. it’s all well and good to write down some fancy words but what’s the point? Why did the poet try to use these techniques? how does it help reinforce the poet’s main point?

And you should aim to make about 3 PEEZLS in an essay. So it would be Intro/ PEEZL x3/ Conclusion! X
Reply 69
Hey, anyone here?
Reply 70
Original post by sjbelkin
does anyone have any tips for 9s especially in comp sci (ocr) and science (i do aqa triple higher if that’s helps) x (i’m in y11 and while my essay subjects are going well, sciences are soo inconsistent!!)

I’m no expert but my advice for AQA sciences is to use the specification to make your revision notes. A lot of people lose marks because they don’t use key words or the correct wording and it’s a shame. It also means you aren’t learning unnecessary things that textbooks may add.

Even at A-level these science specs are brilliant, they make revision so much easier.

Good luck!
Reply 71
Original post by em1602
I’m no expert but my advice for AQA sciences is to use the specification to make your revision notes. A lot of people lose marks because they don’t use key words or the correct wording and it’s a shame. It also means you aren’t learning unnecessary things that textbooks may add.

Even at A-level these science specs are brilliant, they make revision so much easier.

Good luck!

Really?

You think it's the same for people who does Edexcel Sciences..?
People stress over GCSEs still? What a joke.
What GCSEs did you do?
I have a tip get off TSR and do your work.
Original post by A.ahmzz2k03
When did you start this schedule? I'm more than determined to stick to that

Started around March. I created a 2-week timetable and had 2h in the morining from 6:00 to 8:00. Then after school it was from 16:00 to 19:00 or 20:00 (I can't remember). I did 2 subjects in the morning and 3 in the evening. Also, WakeUpTime on Spotify really helped and even changed my outlook on life. I'd say the main thing you need is just the motivation to succeed.
Reply 76
Original post by oompahpah
In the summer I achieved 8 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I have my gcse mocks in January- when and how should I revise? I’m doing triple science, maths, English lang & lit, Spanish, history, Latin (& art)
Reply 77
Original post by SDM_SDN
Really?

You think it's the same for people who does Edexcel Sciences..?

Not sure but it’s worth a look
Original post by Lemonadez
People stress over GCSEs still? What a joke.

I don’t think that’s fair - i’m sure when you did GCSEs you were stressed as well. Just because you’ve grown up and there are things you find harder now doesn’t mean you should criticise the stress people have when they’re experiencing the hardest exams of their lives so far.
Original post by sjbelkin
I don’t think that’s fair - i’m sure when you did GCSEs you were stressed as well. Just because you’ve grown up and there are things you find harder now doesn’t mean you should criticise the stress people have when they’re experiencing the hardest exams of their lives so far.

Couldn't have said it better

Quick Reply

Latest