The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer - October 2018 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jgoldsb
Hey, have you had your interview yet? I’ve applied and got my interview Wednesday! Just wondering if you had any tips or advice 😊

When did you send your application ?? Im still waiting for an outcome too ..
Reply 41
Original post by Seniorita
When did you send your application ?? Im still waiting for an outcome too ..

I applied on the 17th and got invited to the interview on the 30th
Reply 42
Original post by Jgoldsb

I'm still waiting too. Which location are you for? I think they're going through them in location order.
Reply 43
Original post by john240488
I'm still waiting too. Which location are you for? I think they're going through them in location order.

Yeah probably! I’ve applied for Stansted 😊
Original post by Jgoldsb

Goodluck to you, im not very sure if they are doing competency or strength base questions during the interview. Try and prepare for both xx
Reply 45
Goodluck to you, im not very sure if they are doing competency or strength base questions during the interview. Try and prepare for both xx

Thank you! I was hoping someone would be able to give some advice but will prepare my best for both. Good luck too, I hope you hear back soon!
Original post by Jgoldsb
Thank you! I was hoping someone would be able to give some advice but will prepare my best for both. Good luck too, I hope you hear back soon!

Thank you :smile:
Hi guys! was wondering if anyone who has applied for the Border Force Assistant role (North), recieved an interview or any update?
Reply 48
Original post by MannyHtown
Hi guys! was wondering if anyone who has applied for the Border Force Assistant role (North), recieved an interview or any update?

I'm North region and still 'being reviewed' heard absolutely nothing on both Officer and Assistant Officer roles. They must be behind or north region is last to score.
I didn’t hear anything too, still being reviewed ..
I didn’t hear anything too, still being reviewed ..

Yeh same here guys! should find out soon enough. I wonder if they take into account the online tests, work experience and skills section or is it solely based on the sift question that was asked? Also did anyone apply for Leeds Bradford airport?
I have my interview today. Logged in last night luckily to find out i had got thru to int. Worth logging in folks! It was only updated 2 days ago so not much notice! Im north region for aberdeen
Original post by Babs1983
I have my interview today. Logged in last night luckily to find out i had got thru to int. Worth logging in folks! It was only updated 2 days ago so not much notice! Im north region for aberdeen

Hi Babs1983

How was your interview. Hope all went well.
Think it went ok. There isnt much prep u can do for it really. Its on the spot kinda stuff.

Fingers crossed now
Original post by Seniorita)Hi Babs1983

Hi everyone, has anybody applied for Liverpool? And for those who were wondering, I got in touch with the recruitment team who advised me that your application will be sifted on the statement alone
Reply 55
Original post by E_app123
Hi everyone, has anybody applied for Liverpool? And for those who were wondering, I got in touch with the recruitment team who advised me that your application will be sifted on the statement alone

Hello mate

I applied for Liverpool, both Officer and Assistant Officer. I'm still 'being reviewed' you heard anything yet?
Original post by Babs1983
Think it went ok. There isnt much prep u can do for it really. Its on the spot kinda stuff.

Fingers crossed now
Original post by Seniorita)Hi Babs1983

Ah ok, thank you .. and Goodluck :smile:
Hey, I could only apply for the assistant Officer post because I don't drive but I've got my fingers crossed. Still nothing, hoping to hear this week. How about you, anything yet?
Reply 58
Original post by E_app123
Hey, I could only apply for the assistant Officer post because I don't drive but I've got my fingers crossed. Still nothing, hoping to hear this week. How about you, anything yet?

No I've heard nothing yet. Same, I think we should hear this week as it says on the application guidance interviews end on 17th December. Yeah fingers crossed. Let us know if you hear anything.
I will do! Got my fingers crossed for us both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending