The Student Room Group

Psychology and Physiotherapy graduates

I’m quite stressed right now as I am having second thoughts about doing a psychology degree. I have read a lot of things online explaining how psychology graduates find it very difficult to get good jobs. I was considering switching to Physiotherapy BSC but that would mean I would have to withdraw my ucas application and reapply next year which is long but worthwhile if psychology will not have a lot of opportunities.

I just wanted to ask you what are the fields I could master in with a psychology degree do you think it is possible to master in Physiotherapy or occupational therapy. I was thinking of doing a masters in Physiotherapy after a psychology undergraduate but will psychology give me enough knowledge about the anatomy to master in Physiotherapy??
Original post by Whata
I’m quite stressed right now as I am having second thoughts about doing a psychology degree. I have read a lot of things online explaining how psychology graduates find it very difficult to get good jobs. I was considering switching to Physiotherapy BSC but that would mean I would have to withdraw my ucas application and reapply next year which is long but worthwhile if psychology will not have a lot of opportunities.

I just wanted to ask you what are the fields I could master in with a psychology degree do you think it is possible to master in Physiotherapy or occupational therapy. I was thinking of doing a masters in Physiotherapy after a psychology undergraduate but will psychology give me enough knowledge about the anatomy to master in Physiotherapy??

For masters in physiotherapy you generally need a science based degree as it's accelerated compared to the bachelors degree,you should consider emailing universities to ask if they would accept a psychology degree before making any decisions.
Original post by Whata

I graduated from Uclan in sports psychology in 2016 I have had a very tough time trying to find a job almost nothing is relevant to what I want to use my degree for so I am retraining this year at Leeds Beckett to do a physiotherapy degree. I opted for the BSc as I was worried about the anatomy and physiology content on the course but they encouraged me to apply for the Msc course as well. They said they had had students of psychology on the course before and they hadn’t struggled with any aspect of the course. Also when I enquired about physiotherapy at the university of Cumbria they encouraged me to apply for the Msc too over the BSc it was just down to personal choice that I chose the BSc at Leeds Beckett.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending