The Student Room Group

Cyberstart Assess

I have completed all 14 of the challenges and was just wondering how everyone else is doing. Also if you need any hints feel free to dm me

Scroll to see replies

Done all except for challenge 10 (maths at light speed), would appreciate some hints. Already inspected the spin button + answer submission and seen things change (/challenge-10/answer), don't know where to take it from there
Reply 2
Original post by c0rnholio
Done all except for challenge 10 (maths at light speed), would appreciate some hints. Already inspected the spin button + answer submission and seen things change (/challenge-10/answer), don't know where to take it from there

You need to use what has changed to enable you to enter the answer after the answer has locked
Reply 3
Original post by zoe_p
You need to use what has changed to enable you to enter the answer after the answer has locked

how do you do that?
Reply 4
Original post by icefi1
how do you do that?

If you enter the part that has changed back into the code, it will allow you to enter the answer and submit it even after the calculator has locked
Original post by zoe_p
I have completed all 14 of the challenges and was just wondering how everyone else is doing. Also if you need any hints feel free to dm me

I have done all of them except 6; i kinda know how to do it but the code that I put in using the turnCircle function doesn't work. Do you have any tips?
Reply 6
Original post by girlopathic
I have done all of them except 6; i kinda know how to do it but the code that I put in using the turnCircle function doesn't work. Do you have any tips?

The function is correct, note how you have to call the number - it is the word not the digit. Also use the hint in the console to find the degree you want to use
Original post by zoe_p
The function is correct, note how you have to call the number - it is the word not the digit. Also use the hint in the console to find the degree you want to use

yes i have been doing that. Every time i type turnCircle = function(one, 88) it comes up with 'missing formal parameter'
Reply 8
yes i have been doing that. Every time i type turnCircle = function(one, 88) it comes up with 'missing formal parameter'

The number must be in quotation marks, also check the digit against the hint - it shouldn’t be positive
Original post by zoe_p
The number must be in quotation marks, also check the digit against the hint - it shouldn’t be positive

cool beans. I checked it and got a different answer (negative value this time) and now it just says 'true'
Reply 10
cool beans. I checked it and got a different answer (negative value this time) and now it just says 'true'

Have the circles stopped moving/ are you able to control how they turn
Original post by zoe_p
Have the circles stopped moving/ are you able to control how they turn

nope. Nothing has happened to them.
Reply 12
nope. Nothing has happened to them.

turnCircle(“one“, -83) for example should work I believe but play around with that sort of input to get the circles to move out of the way
Original post by zoe_p
turnCircle(“one“, -83) for example should work I believe but play around with that sort of input to get the circles to move out of the way

ahahha yes they have stopped turning now! I had missed a speech mark out.
(Original post by girlopathic)ahahha yes they have stopped turning now! I had missed a speech mark out.

Original post by zoe_p

What do i need to do once they have stopped moving? I hate asking you all these questions but honestly, I don't understand how I managed to complete 14 and not 6 hahaha
Reply 15
(Original post by girlopathic)ahahha yes they have stopped turning now! I had missed a speech mark out.

What do i need to do once they have stopped moving? I hate asking you all these questions but honestly, I don't understand how I managed to complete 14 and not 6 hahaha

Use the function a couple more times with the different number circles, it should move them, keep going until they are all out of the way and it unlocks

Original post by zoe_p

Original post by zoe_p
Use the function a couple more times with the different number circles, it should move them, keep going until they are all out of the way and it unlocks

do i need to change the degrees?
Reply 17

do i need to change the degrees?

I don’t know, I used different but you might be able to use the same
Original post by zoe_p
I don’t know, I used different but you might be able to use the same

Thank you so much for all of your help! I only have two circles left now
I need help on question 10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending