Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by IDOZ
Specifically Asperger's Syndrome.

As the title says: AMA
:biggrin:
How do you feel about people ("autism advocates") encouraging us to flap our hands ("stimming"), even if it doesn't come naturally to individuals, and saying that we should all make no effort to moderate our behaviour but that non-autistics should learn all about us and give us unlimited leeway?
Reply 3
Original post by esrever
Hi :frown:

I know you aren't OP, but if you're going to respond to my question could you at least answer it?
Reply 4
Original post by esrever
Did I mention I had ADHD?
Which means that you get fidgety and are highly distractable to a point where small things render you nonfunctional. Welcome to the club. It doesn't mean that you can't answer a question, does it? It also doesn't mean you're obliged to respond to a question for which you have no meaningful answer.
Reply 5
Original post by esrever
Hey :biggrin:.

What I know is that I can say anything I want to, regardless of whether it answers your question or not or what you feel about my response.

Similarly, I can (and have) report(ed) you for being so adamantly unconstructive.
Reply 6
Original post by esrever
What a great way to respond when you've completely ran out of arguments.
I'm not arguing, kiddo, I'm rebuking you for stating in clear terms that you believe you have a right to derail threads when you just want to post but not keep on-topic.

Also I haven't run out of arguments, because there is no argument. There's a thread discussing autism (supposedly), me posing a question to the OP, and you being an attention-seeking pillock. Now, as I have ADHD myself and know many others who do, I can say pretty catrgorically that ADHD does not make a person into an attention-seeking pillock. You are being that way out of pigheaded contrariness.

Go away.
Reply 7
Original post by Tootles
How do you feel about people ("autism advocates") encouraging us to flap our hands ("stimming"), even if it doesn't come naturally to individuals, and saying that we should all make no effort to moderate our behaviour but that non-autistics should learn all about us and give us unlimited leeway?

I’m sorry what?
Reply 8
Original post by IDOZ
I’m sorry what?
:tumble:

I thought my wording was pretty succinct. What did you not understand?
Reply 9
Original post by Tootles

Original post by Tootles
:tumble:

I thought my wording was pretty succinct. What did you not understand?

Could you explain it differently?
Original post by IDOZ
Could you explain it differently?
:sigh:

There are some people who call themselves "autism advocates", who believe that we autistics (I also am autistic) should make no effort to fit in with society, and that society should change itself completely, to accomodate us, no matter what the cost. I know some who go so far as to indicate that they believe non-autistics are inferior to autistics.

One of the big things these "advocates" do is encourage autistics to engage in "stimming" behaviours (self-stimulation, things some of us do to handle intense situations or emotions - things like flapping hands, clicking our teeth, tapping on a table, rocking in our seat, etc). They say we should all do it (whether it is something we actually do) and should do it in such a way as to make it clear that we will not be stopped - even if it inappropriate to a given setting (like rubbing your nipples in a room full of people - something I have witnessed).

What is your opinion of this?
Do you find it very easy to remember formulas and memorize your revision notes word for word?
Do you feel pigeon holed by your diagnosis?:holmes:
Reply 13
How many cameras are there in your school?

What's the police response time to your school?

How many exits are there in your school?

What is the effectiveness of the lockdown practices at your school?

All the best,
Willi
How do you feel about being labelled as autistic?
Original post by Justmac
Autism isn't a "label", it's a neurotype. We are different to you. Our brains work in a different fashion.
Reply 16
Original post by Tootles
:sigh:

There are some people who call themselves "autism advocates", who believe that we autistics (I also am autistic) should make no effort to fit in with society, and that society should change itself completely, to accomodate us, no matter what the cost. I know some who go so far as to indicate that they believe non-autistics are inferior to autistics.

One of the big things these "advocates" do is encourage autistics to engage in "stimming" behaviours (self-stimulation, things some of us do to handle intense situations or emotions - things like flapping hands, clicking our teeth, tapping on a table, rocking in our seat, etc). They say we should all do it (whether it is something we actually do) and should do it in such a way as to make it clear that we will not be stopped - even if it inappropriate to a given setting (like rubbing your nipples in a room full of people - something I have witnessed).

What is your opinion of this?

I personally don’t care about what they believe
I think that autistic kids and adults can act how they want
I tend to fit into the crowd
Reply 17
Original post by Justmac

Ummm... yeah it’s not a label
Reply 18
Original post by Wili
How many cameras are there in your school?

What's the police response time to your school?

How many exits are there in your school?

What is the effectiveness of the lockdown practices at your school?

All the best,
Willi

7 mins
Meh
Reply 19
Original post by londonmyst
Do you find it very easy to remember formulas and memorize your revision notes word for word?

Formulas more than notes
But I find it easier to remember numbers

Quick Reply

Latest