The Student Room Group

business vs history

Poll

business vs history

hi im in yr10 and I'm struggling with history so im thinking to drop it for business ( it might be easier as i took stats + im a set 1 in maths)

is it a good idea?
which 1 do u prefer/enjoy?
which is more beneficial?
subjects i took:
english lit&lang
triple science
spanish
rs
statistics
higher maths
history
(edited 5 years ago)
I did History at GCSE it is very difficult so if you don't enjoy it will be difficult. However business is easier but it also isn't valued as much as history. So if you want to widen your options do history. Your choice in the end of the day.
Reply 2
Original post by victoriu
I did History at GCSE it is very difficult so if you don't enjoy it will be difficult. However business is easier but it also isn't valued as much as history. So if you want to widen your options do history. Your choice in the end of the day.

thnx
what did u get?
what exam board?
how did u revise?
Original post by Fa.ara
thnx
what did u get?
what exam board?
how did u revise?

I got a 8 in history I had the edexcel exam board. I mainly revised by making mind maps,writing essays and asking my teacher to mark it,making flashcards and doing random worksheets. Search your topic on google and just write pdf so much useful stuff comes up. Good luck
I also did triple science and English lit + language I got 7/8/9 in them all too. With English literature most importantly learn your quotes. Then after do essays lots of essays English is essentially about writing I moved from a 4 to a 9 doing this. For triple science just teach your friends, make notes and watch videos. In GCSE if you work hard you will get A*.
Original post by Fa.ara
hi im in yr10 and I'm struggling with history so im thinking to drop it for business ( it might be easier as i took stats + im a set 1 in maths)

is it a good idea?
which 1 do u prefer/enjoy?
which is more beneficial?
subjects i took:
english lit&lang
triple science
spanish
rs
statistics
higher maths
history

I took both history and business at GCSE just a few years ago and, in my opinion, the skills that you learn in history serve you better if you plan to go on to study an essay based subject at A-level. Business didn't actually have that much math involved when I took it in 2016, its more of a subject to do if you are thinking of going further into that subject, however, history is a lot more versatile. I also enjoyed history a lot more but that's down to personal preferences, I would suggest going to the individual subject teachers and asking them about it.

Quick Reply

Latest