The Student Room Group

Everyone who has ever done christmas mock exams please reply

So im going to be doing my mocks tomorrow for maths and i would like to know whether the mock papers they choose are from the recent gcses or do they choose any paper they desire

for example would they choose the 2018 gcse paper for my mocks or the 2017 one and is there mocks during Easter time
Reply 1
Some schools will do the gcse from the previous year but there’s no guarantee. Remember there’s the papers from past resits too if it’s maths and English, so it’s not definite whether they’ll use the last year’s GCSE one.

Some schools don’t do another set of mocks; mine did just maths and English around Easter time.
Reply 2
Original post by jtkai
Some schools will do the gcse from the previous year but there’s no guarantee. Remember there’s the papers from past resits too if it’s maths and English, so it’s not definite whether they’ll use the last year’s GCSE one.

Some schools don’t do another set of mocks; mine did just maths and English around Easter time.

i see, thank you for replying
We’ve just done our mocks, for most subjects we used papers from last summer but a couple of them are only on the new spec this year so we used specimens (for me DT, statistics and further maths)
Original post by tigera111
So im going to be doing my mocks tomorrow for maths and i would like to know whether the mock papers they choose are from the recent gcses or do they choose any paper they desire

for example would they choose the 2018 gcse paper for my mocks or the 2017 one and is there mocks during Easter time

it just depends on the school and subject some do some dont, and if you havent finished all the content or wont be tested on all of it in the mocks, they might do more near easter, but again, depends on the school
(edited 5 years ago)
There's no hard and fast rule - it will depend entirely on your school.
Normally (and I say normally, this isn't always the case) they use last year's paper so for you that would be 2018 paper. These papers haven't been released yet so it's ideal to be used as a mock as you cant look at it and cheat. Don't worry about that, just revise and work hard.

Quick Reply

Latest