The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into THESE unis??????

Hi everyone. I’m applying to geography at LSE, UCL and Bristol with AAAD (the D is in maths) and I’m currently on a gap year - I have a full-time job at a consultancy firm. My personal statement was written around the course at LSE. I’ve also applied to King’s for European Studies and Warwick for Politics, International Studies and German. Do you reckon I have a good chance at these unis? Thanks 😃

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone???
Haven't you already asked this in another thread?
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot

No? Do you have an idea though of my chances?
If you think about this, its a very silly question.

You know perfectly well that it isnt 'just about grades', and since no-one here has a) read your PS and reference and b) read everyone else's, they cannot possibly tell you if you'll even get an offer, never mind get the grades in August.
Reply 5
Original post by returnmigrant
If you think about this, its a very silly question.

You know perfectly well that it isnt 'just about grades', and since no-one here has a) read your PS and reference and b) read everyone else's, they cannot possibly tell you if you'll even get an offer, never mind get the grades in August.

I already have the grades, I’ve given some basic info on my personal statement (that it’s written around lse’s course) and I’m doing something worthwhile in my gap year
Reply 6
Can someone help with this?
Reply 7
Can someone help with this???
Original post by Mykolajiw
Can someone help with this???

As @returnmigrant has said above, no one here can give you a definitive answer because no one has seen your full application, or seen the quality and quantity of other applicants for your courses.

Since there is so much more to an application than simply the grades, we can’t really answer your question.
(edited 5 years ago)

I think you have asked before, but under a different name before you were banned...

Hi everyone. I’m applying to geography at LSE, UCL and Bristol with AAAD (the D is in maths) and I’m currently on a gap year - I have a full-time job at a consultancy firm. My personal statement was written around the course at LSE. I’ve also applied to King’s for European Studies and Warwick for Politics, International Studies and German. Do you reckon I have a good chance at these unis? Thanks 😃

Original post by Zaporizhia
I'm on my gap year and reapplied with AAAD to Warwick for Politics and International Studies with German, King's for European Studies and UCL, LSE and Bristol for Geography. How likely is it that I'll receive an offer from one of them? I'm really nervous that the D I got in maths will really hinder me. Thanks!

Yes you have - I replied to you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=80900132&highlight=
I have a decent chance
They're all doable except the LSE. You've got A-levels already, so I don't see what the big stress is. You either get an unconditional or you don't.
Reply 13
I think you have asked before, but under a different name before you were banned...

I have not been banned?? Many people apply for geog
Reply 14

Who? I don’t know you
Reply 15
Original post by Trinculo
They're all doable except the LSE. You've got A-levels already, so I don't see what the big stress is. You either get an unconditional or you don't.

Yes but I’m worried my D in maths will put them off, although I am retaking. I’d love to go to either of lse or ucl
Reply 16
Original post by Tsruser31415
I have a decent chance

Thanks, even for lse?
Reply 17
Can someone help with this?
Reply 18
Anyone?
I have not been banned?? Many people apply for geog

You originally posted your question under the username Zaporizhia - an identity now banned from TSR. Why?

Latest

Trending

Trending