The Student Room Group

EPQ Referencing

Currently doing an EPQ with AQA and i’m having trouble with referencing. At the moment I am using superscript numbers (eg ²) and footnotes, but my teacher has told me I should change it to simply placing the name and date next to my sentence (eg Example (2018)). I was just wondering if you are actually allowed to reference via footnotes in your final draft? I can’t seem to find anything about it in the mark scheme my teacher has provided although it is from a few years ago. (I’m also not sure which topic this should have been posted in sorry.)
Reply 1
I got an A* in my EPQ and I used superscript numbers as my way of referencing but didn’t have footnotes at the bottom of each page but a complete reference list at the end of the whole essay
Original post by foreverhalloween
Currently doing an EPQ with AQA and i’m having trouble with referencing. At the moment I am using superscript numbers (eg ²) and footnotes, but my teacher has told me I should change it to simply placing the name and date next to my sentence (eg Example (2018)). I was just wondering if you are actually allowed to reference via footnotes in your final draft? I can’t seem to find anything about it in the mark scheme my teacher has provided although it is from a few years ago. (I’m also not sure which topic this should have been posted in sorry.)

Maybe try checking the most up-to-date mark scheme? I did Edexcel and used the superscript and footnotes method which wasn't a problem at all, I'd be very surprised if they specified only one referencing method in the mark scheme. Either should be okay.
Moved to Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) :smile:

For my exam board (OCR) we got told (although obviously could not be correct) we had to use (Surname, year) in our write ups. Bit of a pain as I prefer numbers and footnotes/reference lists but didn't seem worth the argument :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending