The Student Room Group

Can you guys help me solve this problem please thank you!

Please help me solve these two math questions. Thank you so much to those who helped!

1) An athletics track consists of 2 straight lengths of 100m and two semicircular arcs at either end of radius 31m. How many laps can Mo Farah run round the track if he runs for 43 minutes 13 seconds at 5.78m/s?

2) Jack and Jill went up the hill. They started at the same time, but Jack arrived at the top one-and-a-half hours before Jill. On the way down, Jill calculated that, if she had walked 50% faster an Jack had walked 50% slower, then they would have arrived at the top hill at the same time. How long did Jill actually take to walk up to the top of the hill?
(edited 5 years ago)
This isn't a "do my homework for me" service. What have you done so far?
Reply 2
Original post by DFranklin
This isn't a "do my homework for me" service. What have you done so far?

This is not my homework! It's someone who asked me to help but I don't know how to solve it but I still want to help them get the answers right. sorry if this is bothering you...
Original post by Earn__Munin
This is not my homework! It's someone who asked me to help but I don't know how to solve it but I still want to help them get the answers right. sorry if this is bothering you...

Well, people might be prepared to help someone understand how to solve it, but just giving you the answer is against the rules. The person needing help should post directly.
Reply 4
Original post by DFranklin
Well, people might be prepared to help someone understand how to solve it, but just giving you the answer is against the rules. The person needing help should post directly.

maybe not give me the answers but help me to solve it?
1) calculate perimeter of track.
calculate the distance mo runs
divide distance by perimeter
1) convert time and speed into distance then add up the length of the whole track and find out how many lengths that Mo farah runs fit into the length of the whole track
2) call the distance x for both, call the speed something different for each and multiply jacks by 1.5 and jills by 0.5 then put them into 2 different s=d/t equation and I’m hoping you know the rest
Reply 7
Original post by Sonicalireza
1) convert time and speed into distance then add up the length of the whole track and find out how many lengths that Mo farah runs fit into the length of the whole track
2) call the distance x for both, call the speed something different for each and multiply jacks by 1.5 and jills by 0.5 then put them into 2 different s=d/t equation and I’m hoping you know the rest

this helped a lot thank you so much and sorry for not being clear about needing help solving the questions, I totally understand and respect the fact that we are not allowed to share answers or do hw for anyone. thank for your help. means a lot
Reply 8
Original post by Tsruser31415
1) calculate perimeter of track.
calculate the distance mo runs
divide distance by perimeter

thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest