The Student Room Group

Sociology Applicants 2019 Official Thread!

Are you applying to study Sociology at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Joint or Single Honours:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous?:beard:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17

Joint or Single Honours:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous?:beard:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

Hi!
Im (hopefully)doing single honours sociology.
Applying to: Durham, Bath(both of which I probably wont get into), Leeds, Sussex and Sheffield.
A-level grades: AAB and an A in German already.
GCSE grades: 4A* 5A 1B
Im right handed :h:
Joint or Single Honours: Single Honours at York, Manchester, Sheffield and QUB and Joint Honours at Liverpool (Sociology and Social Policy)
Universities you're applying to: UoYork, UoManchester, UoLiverpool, UoSheffield, and QUB
A level / IB / Higher grades: (AS grades) ACCE ( A in Sociology, C's in History and Politics, and an E in AS Biology - I dropped it obviously)
GCSE grades: 1 A*, 3 A's and 5 B's
Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous?: I am Left handed
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Joint or Single Honours: joint with social policy or politics
Universities: Bristol, Birmingham, Sussex, Surrey and Lincoln
A-level: ABB hopefully
Gcse: 1A* 2a 3b 2c
Left handed!

Joint or Single Honours: single honours
Universities you're applying to: I received offers from Durham, Warwick, Loughborough, York and Surrey!
A level / IB / Higher grades: ABB
GCSE grades:ABBBCCCCC (I think hehe)
Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous?:beard: right handed!

good luck everyone
Original post by 04MR17

Joint or Single Honours: : Joint hons with Politics
Universities you're applying to: Uo Liverpool, Uo Sheffield, Uo Cardiff, Uo Huddersfield (conditional offer), Nottingham Trent
A level / IB / Higher grades: ABB
[b]GCSE grades: 1 A*, 1A, 1 Distinction, 5 Bs, 3 Cs
Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous? Right
Lets put this another way ......

Who has got an offer for Sociology - from anywhere!
Well, I've gotten offers from UoSheffield, QUB, UoYork and UoLiverpool. Although UoManchester rejected me based on grades which I'm a bit miffed at, like hun you're not Oxbridge, get back in your box, you trick ass b***h!! (tbh I've over already like and I'm joking when I say all that lol, I'm not that highly strung). Is anyone going to the York offer holders day on 9th February 2019? and also the Sheffield offer holders day on Saturday 16th Februry 2019? I'm a Northern Ireland student so it's easier for me to go then.
Original post by Vertigo77
Well, I've gotten offers from UoSheffield, QUB, UoYork and UoLiverpool. Although UoManchester rejected me based on grades which I'm a bit miffed at, like hun you're not Oxbridge, get back in your box, you trick ass b***h!! (tbh I've over already like and I'm joking when I say all that lol, I'm not that highly strung). Is anyone going to the York offer holders day on 9th February 2019? and also the Sheffield offer holders day on Saturday 16th Februry 2019? I'm a Northern Ireland student so it's easier for me to go then.

I’ve only had one offer for sociology and politics so far from Huddersfield but I’ve applied to Sheffield and Liverpool too! How long did it take for your offers to come through? Xx
This is the break down of all my offers and rejections, I sent my appilcation away in the 11th November I think.

21 November 2018,
University of York has offered you a place for Sociology.

16 November 2018,
University of Sheffield has offered you a place for Sociology.

16 November 2018,
University of Liverpool has offered you a place for Sociology with Social Policy.

13 November 2018,
Your application to University of Manchester for Sociology has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place.

13 November 2018,
Queen's University Belfast has offered you a place for Sociology,
Reply 10
I’ve sent my applications off earlier today, how long does it usually take for any uni to get back to you?
Thanks in advance
Original post by Andoga
I’ve sent my applications off earlier today, how long does it usually take for any uni to get back to you?
Thanks in advance

Depends on the Uni - and how competitive your application is.
You may get an offer in a week, or you could have to wait until final offers are made in April - totally unpredictable.
Original post by amy_mulholland
I’ve only had one offer for sociology and politics so far from Huddersfield but I’ve applied to Sheffield and Liverpool too! How long did it take for your offers to come through? Xx

Hi Amy
Well done on your offer from Huddersfield, good luck for your other offers too. If you have any questions about studying with us, just let me know :smile:
Rachel
Original post by Andoga
Thanks in advance

I got a response with a conditional offer within the first 48 hours from Bath Spa Uni. It really just depends on each Uni and since they don't work over Xmas; we have after that and up 'til May for a response.
Reply 14
Original post by JoshGKirby
I got a response with a conditional offer within the first 48 hours from Bath Spa Uni. It really just depends on each Uni and since they don't work over Xmas; we have after that and up 'til May for a response.

I’ve got responses from Lincoln and Sussex so far, it’s a shame that the ones I really want to go to haven’t replied yet 😂
Applied to do just sociology at Plymouth, hull, Portsmouth, Essex and Kent. Kent university is the one I wanna go to and they have offered me a place. I have an offer from the other three and an interview for Essex in February!!
Original post by setarexhx
Applied to do just sociology at Plymouth, hull, Portsmouth, Essex and Kent. Kent university is the one I wanna go to and they have offered me a place. I have an offer from the other three and an interview for Essex in February!!

When did you apply?
Original post by returnmigrant
When did you apply?

Applied around 10th of December and I received offers by the 17th. Essex took the longest to reply probably around 2 weeks.
Joint or Single Honours: Single

Universities you're applying to: So far Conditional offers from Exeter and Southampton (AAB) and Cardiff (ABB), also have applied to Birmingham and Warwick (haven't heard yet, but Warwick was my favourite). I applied on about december 10th (I think, or soon after)

A level grades: Predicted AAB
GCSE grades: 1A* 4A 5B
Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous? Left, but I can do most things (except write) with my right.

Update: A while ago I got an offer (ABB) for Birmingham. Just waiting on Warwick now!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lelisabeth
Hi!
Im (hopefully)doing single honours sociology.
Applying to: Durham, Bath(both of which I probably wont get into), Leeds, Sussex and Sheffield.
A-level grades: AAB and an A in German already.
GCSE grades: 4A* 5A 1B
Im right handed :h:

Hi!

Good luck with your application! If you have any more questions or want to find out more about life at Bath, make sure to check out our official University of Bath forum! Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Katie, 2nd year Modern Languages student

Latest

Trending

Trending