The Student Room Group

How do I stop my sister from stealing my stuff?

I'm 18 and my sister's 25. This is the type of behaviour I'd expect from having a sister my own age or younger, not 25. I've lost count of how many items of clothing I've lost over the past few years because of my sister stealing them. She takes my clothes, my hair products, presents I got for Christmas and my birthday without asking and I never get them back as she just flat out lies and says she hasn't taken them when she obviously has. She's at my parents' house when I'm at university and she leaves when I come back so she has plenty of time to get my stuff and leave. I really don't know what to do tbh. I'm sick of having to hide everything I buy and even then she still manages to steal it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 and my sister's 25. This is the type of behaviour I'd expect from having a sister my own age or younger, not 25. I've lost count of how many items of clothing I've lost over the past few years because of my sister stealing them. She takes my clothes, my hair products, presents I got for Christmas and my birthday without asking and I never get them back as she just flat out lies and says she hasn't taken them when she obviously has. She's at my parents' house when I'm at university and she leaves when I come back so she has plenty of time to get my stuff and leave. I really don't know what to do tbh. I'm sick of having to hide everything I buy and even then she still manages to steal it.

Drop kick her
I think you need to talk to her. just express that you don't like what she did. or maybe if it not works , just pretend to make her feel guilty
Reply 3
I think you need to talk to her. just express that you don't like what she did. or maybe if it not works , just pretend to make her feel guilty

I've tried that many times. Doesn't do anything unfortunately :frown:

Damn, does she have a job? x
(edited 5 years ago)
Wipe poo on your cupboard handles.

Or if you have a few spare pennies, try putting them in a self-storage place. Not sure what they cost but you wouldn't need a huge unit so it might be reasonable.
You could try talking to your parents about it. It’s really pathetic that a 25 year old woman is doing that.
Reply 7

tbh [and i speak from experience] the only thing which is going to work is to get a lock on your door

and you'd do well to make sure it is bump key proof too as she will surely rack her brains for a way to keep getting in there

Practically every sisters relationship😂 I don’t know what to tell you as I’m in the same boat!
Reply 9
Original post by confuzzled786
Damn, does she have a job? x

No she doesn't. She had a gap year and does medicine so she's still at uni :/

Original post by YaliaV
You could try talking to your parents about it. It’s really pathetic that a 25 year old woman is doing that.

They've spoken to her about it so many times yet she just doesn't care. She pretty much sees everything as belonging to her.

Original post by ANM775
tbh [and i speak from experience] the only thing which is going to work is to get a lock on your door

and you'd do well to make sure it is bump key proof too as she will surely rack her brains for a way to keep getting in there

Yeah I'm thinking a lock's the only solution at this point :/

Thanks for all the replies :smile:
Cover all the items in novoichok. That will teach her.
Your parents can't sort her out?
Original post by AzureCeleste
Your parents can't sort her out?

I don't really see what they can do tbh. There's only so many times you can tell someone not to do something..
I don't really see what they can do tbh. There's only so many times you can tell someone not to do something..

By not letting her stay there?
Why can't you take some of your stuff to uni or something?

Talk to your parents and get a lock for your bedroom.
PM me her info

she can't steal if she's no longer there.
Your parents suck, frankly, they're basically aiding and abetting theft 'what can we do?' ...kick out the known thief. NO ONE likes thieves, esp ones that steal from their own. how much of their stuff is she stealing?

Failing that sell all their stuff and keep the money.
you get some of the same clothes that u have so she cant get urs?
Bit extreme, but threaten her with the police. Ask someone from the police if they’ll have a quiet word with her if she doesn’t stop. I know it seems out of proportion but it is theft and she’s 25. It shows a total lack of respect for you.
Reply 19
Original post by Howie_2114
Drop kick her

I'm with this guy! Or even a high 5 to the face, with a chair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending