The Student Room Group

Why are men so hard to buy Christmas presents for?

I find men really hard to buy for it seems like the only thing you can buy for them for Christmas is lynx. Do anyone else find me hard to buy Christmas presents for? If you don't do you have any ideas of what I could get a guy for Christmas? I really need help with this and I'm starting to run out of time. I need ideas of what I could get my bf for Christmas. If your a guy reading this what kinda stuff would you like to receive from your partner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDevil
I find men really hard to buy for it seems like the only thing you can buy for them for Christmas is lynx. Do anyone else find me hard to buy Christmas presents for? If you don't do you have any ideas of what I could get a guy for Christmas? I really need help with this and I'm starting to run out of time. I need ideas of what I could get my bf for Christmas. If your a guy reading this what kinda stuff would you like to receive from your partner?

I like getting tools, pens etc. anything of practical use.

A quality swiss army knife/multi-tool makes a great gift if you're stuck. Victorinox and Leatherman are two quality brands.
You just have to know what the paticular individual is in to... Hobbies & Intrests?
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
I like getting tools, pens etc. anything of practical use.

A quality swiss army knife/multi-tool makes a great gift if you're stuck. Victorinox and Leatherman are two quality brands.

He like a Swiss army knife since he's into the outdoors but I'm to young to actually buy one. Thanks for the suggestion though. Will have to wait a year or so till I'm old enough to get him one if he doesn't get him self one before then.
He’s into outdoors you say?

A rucksack is an option.
BMW m3
Reply 6
Original post by Andrew97
He’s into outdoors you say?

A rucksack is an option.

He's got a rucksack and most kinda outdoor things.
Reply 7
Original post by centraltrains
You just have to know what the paticular individual is in to... Hobbies & Intrests?

He's into bikes, outdoors, camping mainly but it seems like everything I think of he has or is way out of my budget.
Reply 8
Original post by Flashsav
BMW m3

Might be slightly out of my budget... He can't drive yet and don't think he wants to start learning to until he's finished college. He's in his first year a college at the moment.
He's got a rucksack and most kinda outdoor things.

No harm in getting a spare as a present! Means it is likley to be a useful present which is always a pro.
Bike lights, they're very important. Even spare ones save cyclists
They're not hard to buy for, but please don't buy us lynx! It's so overdone, and kinda crap.

What does your boyfriend like, or normally spend his money on? Guys as a whole don't like the same things.
Reply 12
Original post by hello_shawn
Bike lights, they're very important. Even spare ones save cyclists

Good idea!
I get my brother-in-law socks every year (among other presents), for some reason men always need socks

You could maybe get him an 'experience' thing? Like you could go paintballing, or a driving a fast sports car - red letter days have a variety of stuff
I'd just like to chip in with the 'NOT LYNX' sentiment...I know it's pushed as a 'gift' with sets and stuff, but the stuff really is dire and a redneck for some people......teen schoolies are allowed to use it mask puberty (or douse it :rolleyes: ) but it should end there.....
Reply 15
Original post by Conconz
They're not hard to buy for, but please don't buy us lynx! It's so overdone, and kinda crap.

What does your boyfriend like, or normally spend his money on? Guys as a whole don't like the same things.

Bike stuff, PlayStation games, clothes. I may end up getting him a band t-shirt since I know a few bands he likes.
Good idea!

Some good value cycling gifts
https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/gift-ideas

They have some decent value lights as well, however I'd probably not get them as a present. If he uses lights, he's already got them. If he chooses to cycle without them, he may not appreciate the nudge.
Reply 17
Original post by mqb2766
Some good value cycling gifts
https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/gift-ideas

They have some decent value lights as well, however I'd probably not get them as a present. If he uses lights, he's already got them. If he chooses to cycle without them, he may not appreciate the nudge.

Ok thanks. Do you know of anything else to do with bikes I could get him? He's a really bike nerd so even harder to buy stuff that are bike related.
Ok thanks. Do you know of anything else to do with bikes I could get him? He's a really bike nerd so even harder to buy stuff that are bike related.

Road or mountain or ...
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest