The Student Room Group

Men in Skinny Jeans

Poll

Men in Skinny Jeans

I am seeing more and more guys wearing super tight skinny jeans. I just think it looks effeminate and not masculine.

What is up with this trend.

I saw one guy with these super tight jeans and this huge bulge just sticking out with his whole crtotch being visible to the public eye.

Why is this fashionable. Can't it be stopped?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't understand it either, but ultimately I couldn't gve a shiny shite about what other people wear.
Agree, a very troublesome trend. We might have to resort to some sort of legislative action.
It looks cool if you know how to wear them. Also, you need to be thin, fat guys can't wear those things.
Original post by Ligma Balls
Agree, a very troublesome trend. We might have to resort to some sort of legislative action.

Like a public poll?

Where if we reach a certain amount of votes we have grounds to ban super tight jeans.
Original post by Krisis
It looks cool if you know how to wear them. Also, you need to be thin, fat guys can't wear those things.

No they don't. They just look like little puffs.
Reply 6
I didn't think it was a good look for the glam metal acts in the 80s, I don't think it's a good look now :laugh:
Reply 7
tbh i could say the same thing about women wearing revealing clothing LUL
Honestly since reading adulthood when I see a grown man wearing skinny jeans I think they look gross but each to their own
(edited 5 years ago)
It is not effeminate. It is masculine. It is fashionable. It cannot be stopped.
Original post by London Sweetboi
Like a public poll?

Where if we reach a certain amount of votes we have grounds to ban super tight jeans.

That could work. I would say we need to at least raise awareness of this disturbing trend.

Ultimately though, it's clear the rise of skinny jeans correlates with the effemination of males through xenoestrogens in the water and subconscious signals in mass media. Something has to be done.
Original post by JudaicImposter
It is not effeminate. It is masculine. It is fashionable. It cannot be stopped.

What is masculine about wearing tighter jeans than your wife?

Slim jeans are a good look and so are tapered, but super skinny jeans makes you look like you take a bath with scented candles and rose petals every night.
super skinny jeans makes you look like you take a bath with scented candles and rose petals every night.

Awesome tbh.
What is masculine about wearing tighter jeans than your wife?

Slim jeans are a good look and so are tapered, but super skinny jeans makes you look like you take a bath with scented candles and rose petals every night.

Most male skinny jeans are not that tight; you are exaggerating to some degree at the least. I think black skinny jeans in particular are definitely either gender neutral or masculine especially if distressed/ripped in places as both sexes wear jeans; I think actual cross-dressing is when the term 'effeminate' could be utilized.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ligma Balls
That could work. I would say we need to at least raise awareness of this disturbing trend.

Ultimately though, it's clear the rise of skinny jeans correlates with the effemination of males through xenoestrogens in the water and subconscious signals in mass media. Something has to be done.

I am being serious. I am in the process of creating a poll right now.
Why is this fashionable. Can't it be stopped?

1. Same reason why 1940s 20-year-olds were manly killing machines while nowadays they look like pussies.

2. Hopefully.
Original post by JudaicImposter
Most male skinny jeans are not that tight; you are exaggerating to some degree at the least. I think black skinny jeans in particular are masculine especially if distressed/ripped in places.

No the skinny jeans of 2018 are way too tight. It looks really effeminate. Especially the ripped ones. I get the impression they decorate their homes with small cushions and have a tiny chihuahua.
Just for guys? Or girls too? Cos if its girls to then I won’t fit in any jeans :/
Original post by Krisis
Awesome tbh.

You are a real pansy. I bet you drive a pink mini copper and have manicured nails as well?
You are a real pansy. I bet you drive a pink mini copper and have manicured nails as well?

I'm a pansy because I like to smell like rose petals and soap? duh?

Nah mini coopers are not cool anymore and I'm a nail biter so a manicure would go to waste.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending