The Student Room Group

English language A-level

Hey, I’m doing English language at A-level and I really don’t know how to revise for it. Any advice or tips?
a really effective way is to make flashcards for all the key theories! there's loads of evidence which shows that flashcards are a great way of revising becuase they help to train your brain remember key bits of information, so you'll consequently be able to apply it quickly in the exam when you're annotating your discourse!

a good tip is that if you're writing a flashcard on a theories that has lots of points, like Barclay's language stages for child writing, split it onto more than one flashcard so you know each stage individualy.

I hope this helped and good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Reviser4689
a really effective way is to make flashcards for all the key theories! there's loads of evidence which shows that flashcards are a great way of revising becuase they help to train your brain remember key bits of information, so you'll consequently be able to apply it quickly in the exam when you're annotating your discourse!

a good tip is that if you're writing a flashcard on a theories that has lots of points, like Barclay's language stages for child writing, split it onto more than one flashcard so you know each stage individualy.

I hope this helped and good luck! :smile:

You seem to have devised a good revision method. May I ask what grade you achieved in the end?
I'm actually in my second year of the course! Flashcards are something that's helped me get pretty decent grades; I'm aiming for an A* :smile:

Doing past papers is effective too.
Original post by Tolgash
You seem to have devised a good revision method. May I ask what grade you achieved in the end?

I ended up getting an A! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending