The Student Room Group

Met police fear violent clashes over march by far-right 'Brexit Betrayal' militant

Scroll to see replies

Well betraying half the country usually doesn't go down very well...
Not a single brain cell between them.
Original post by Rock Fan

I wouldn’t just sit and let it happen
As they control the capital, I can't see the problem with keeping the two sides apart.
Funny how the "Far-Right" always gets the blame for these clashes and not the other sides that actively participate, eh?
Original post by Dandaman1
Funny how the "Far-Right" always gets the blame for these clashes and not the other sides that actively participate, eh?

It’s happening with the Gillets Jaune here in France. Of course there are far-right extremist “casseurs”, but a lot of them are actually left wing anarchists. I’ve also heard AntiFa are involved.

Read an article earlier on claiming there were Russian influences too. I mean, what the ****.
You reap what you sow.
anything other than Brexit is an affront to the democratic process and consequentially those who have been betrayed may view democracy in the same way as the establishment views democracy. You reap what you sow.
Original post by Occitanie
It’s happening with the Gillets Jaune here in France. Of course there are far-right extremist “casseurs”, but a lot of them are actually left wing anarchists. I’ve also heard AntiFa are involved.

Read an article earlier on claiming there were Russian influences too. I mean, what the ****.

Including nuance would mean actually having to do real journalism. It's much easier to write a simplistic account that panders to a certain political persuasion.
Funny how they call Antifa "anti-fascist" these disgusting communists and anarchists need to be called out for what they really are. Very funny how the leftist loonies see this as "the peoples vote" as long as you are "people" that they agree with.
Anything that the left doesn't like is automatically "the far-right".

There is virtually no far-right movement in Britain, nor has there been for generations - it's just a handy bogeyman for anything that people don't like.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Funny how they call Antifa "anti-fascist"

Almost as though Antifa is actually short for "anti-fascist"...
Reply 13
Original post by Dandaman1
Including nuance would mean actually having to do real journalism. It's much easier to write a simplistic account that panders to a certain political persuasion.

Quite. Not like the political right who are known for their political nuance. Remember when the Daily Mail had a front page of three judges with the headline 'ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE'? I guess that was 'real' journalism.
Reply 14
Original post by Trinculo
Anything that the left doesn't like is automatically "the far-right".

There is virtually no far-right movement in Britain, nor has there been for generations - it's just a handy bogeyman for anything that people don't like.

Yeah the BNP and EDL weren't far-right?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Almost as though Antifa is actually short for "anti-fascist"...

You would not see a newspaper call the DPRK democratic, they would probably put 'democratic' or something else to show that the name doesn't exactly match the actual description.
Original post by DSilva
Yeah the BNP and EDL definitely weren't far right were they? I mean yeah the former denied the Holocaust and banned black people from being members of the party, but criticism of that is just 'political correctness gone mad' am I right?

You mean a very small bunch of idiots still fits the "virtually no far right groups" thing.

As for calling out people as "enemies of the people" so what? people need to be calling out communists and union as enemies of progress.
Reply 17
Original post by AperfectBalance
You mean a very small bunch of idiots still fits the "virtually no far right groups" thing.

As for calling out people as "enemies of the people" so what? people need to be calling out communists and union as enemies of progress.

So apart from the far right groups, there are no far right groups? Got it.

Calling judges 'enemies of the people' for making a correct legal decision is the type of headline that belonged in 1940s Germany. Though perhaps you could enlighten us with your legal expertise.
Original post by DSilva
Quite. Not like the political right who are known for their political nuance. Remember when the Daily Mail had a front page of three judges with the headline 'ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE'? I guess that was 'real' journalism.

I never said this was unique to the Left. It's a problem with news media in general.
Original post by DSilva
So apart from the far right groups, there are no far right groups? Got it.

Calling judges 'enemies of the people' for making a correct legal decision is the type of headline that belonged in 1940s Germany. Though perhaps you could enlighten us with your legal expertise.

"There is virtually no far-right movement in Britain"
Calling the BNP or EDL a big movement is silly, it would be like calling me and my friends going on holiday a mass migration.

So people cannot be enemies of the people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending