The Student Room Group

Oxford 2020 Applicants official thread!! (Part 1)

You can find the new thread for this discussion here.

*OXFORD OFFICIAL 2020 APPLICANTS THREAD!*

YAYYYY!!!!!!

ITS HERE ALREADY BEFORE THOSE CAMBRIDGE PEOPLE COULD GET IT! LMAO

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Hey guys, this is a Oxford reject thread. I recently got rejected and I am reapplying in 2019 for entry in 2020.

This is for people who are re-applying and have been rejected by Oxford. Or if you are applying in 2019 for 2020 entry!

Please list your course, college and predicted grades!

I might be applying for Materials or Physics, havent decided which one yet. At Queens College. I am predicted 2 A*s, 2As, and an A in my AS. I am doing maths, physics, chem and economics. And AS level further maths. I am also going to do biology, psychology and Further maths A levels in my gap year!

Join me in proving those teachers wrong. We have a thread for 2020 entry. No other threads can be official!

Volunteer Note: you can find threads for those applying to other universities here.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saboor 123
*OXFORD 2020 ENTRY OFFICIAL THREAD*

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Hey guys, this is a Oxford reject thread. I recently got rejected and I am reapplying in 2019 for entry in 2020.

This is for people who are re-applying and have been rejected by Oxford. Or if you are applying in 2019 for 2020 entry!

Please list your course, college and predicted grades!

I might be applying for Materials or Physics, havent decided which one yet. At Queens College. I am predicted 2 A*s, 2As, and an A in my AS. I am doing maths, physics, chem and economics. And AS level further maths. I am also going to do biology, psychology and Further maths A levels in my gap year!

Join me in proving those teachers wrong. We have a thread for 2020 entry. No other threads can be official!

Hi! Finally found a thread like this! I won't be reapplying but am taking a gap year anyway so will be applying next year! I'm taking maths,physics and chemistry! Any tips for Physics and Chem?
I'll be hoping to apply for Maths (haven't decided what college yet)
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by yr13ishard
Hi! Finally found a thread like this! I won't be reapplying but am taking a gap year anyway so will be applying next year! I'm taking maths,physics and chemistry! Any tips for Physics and Chem?
I'll be hoping to apply for Maths (haven't decided what college yet)
Good luck!

Physics is damn easy and very enjoyable. Just make a checklist and go through each topic everyday til the exam. Same for chemistry and get the cgp revision guide. I will definitely get my friends here. They should be getting into Oxford soon so they might be able to help prospective applicants like us!!
Let me guess. You are Pakistani Or Indian and you are an international applicant?

Physics is damn easy and very enjoyable. Just make a checklist and go through each topic everyday til the exam. Same for chemistry and get the cgp revision guide. I will definitely get my friends here. They should be getting into Oxford soon so they might be able to help prospective applicants like us!!

Haha why does that matter! But I am a UK applicant I am pakistani though!

I find Physics hard only as I have no teacher for it so I have to rely on past papers and books! What board do you do?

I wanted to take a gap year since year 12 so I think it will be good to hear other experiences!
How did you find the process?
(edited 5 years ago)
Cambridge already has a 2020 applicant thread:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Haha why does that matter! But I am a UK applicant I am pakistani though!

Guessing you are too!

I find Physics hard only as I have no teacher for it so I have to rely on past papers and books! What board do you do?

I wanted to take a gap year since year 12 so I think it will be good to hear other experiences!
How did you find the process?

I ama British Indian muslim. The applicatioj poricess is dreadful. I am self studying all of my A levels. I would recommend using the cgp revision guide. I did a past paper after using it for 4 weeks and got an A*. If you want, i can share my online versions. My name is abdus saboor shaik!
I ama British Indian muslim. The applicatioj poricess is dreadful. I am self studying all of my A levels. I would recommend using the cgp revision guide. I did a past paper after using it for 4 weeks and got an A*. If you want, i can share my online versions. My name is abdus saboor shaik!

I can imagine ! A lot of my friends found it hard to apply to Oxford and are now waiting for the intervies!
That's really nice, if you are doing the same boards as me!
It must be hard self-studying everything!
Reply 7
I can imagine ! A lot of my friends found it hard to apply to Oxford and are now waiting for the intervies!
That's really nice, if you are doing the same boards as me!
It must be hard self-studying everything!

It isnt that hard. Its really enjoyable and you get a lot out of self studying. If you want you can PM me and I can share my details with you about the onlune versions. They are really helpful for an a*
Reply 8
Let me guess. You are Pakistani Or Indian and you are an international applicant?

I have no clue why I'm here since I have only just started college and am nowhere near smart enough to get into Oxford or Cambridge or anywhere like that (I got a 7 for maths in my a levels, a 6 for physics and a 6 for computer science and they are still quite nice grades (I didn't just do them but im listing them because they are what I take for a level) but not enough to get into Oxford or anywhere like that (i went to a really bad secondary school with teachers so bad and now that im in college i understand everything so much more but i basically had to teach myself physics completely and half teach myself loads of the maths that our school missed out). However I am enjoying a levels and suddenly understanding computer science and maths much more but physics is my main problem. Im finding it pretty difficult so any advice for a student who has just started a 2 year course in physics would be much appreciated (since you find physics easy) Also are there any things you wish you did at a levels or are glad you did that you can give me advice for in general. Im definitely picking up a CGP guide as they saved me for GCSE sciences (5 chemistry, 6 physics, 7 bio) Thanks
Reply 9
Hi everyone, I just created a thread specifically for Dutch Oxbridge applicants. You can use it to ask questions and find some info. I know applying to UK unis form the Netherlands is complicated, so come to the thread to meet some new people and find some people who are in the same situation!

Find it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5683520
(edited 4 years ago)
Hiii, I’m thinking of applying to Oxford for 2020 entry for the chemistry course, although that won’t be by with taking a gap year as I’m currently in year 12!! I’m studying a-levels in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics☺️
Original post by lemmens
Hiii, I’m thinking of applying to Oxford for 2020 entry for the chemistry course, although that won’t be by with taking a gap year as I’m currently in year 12!! I’m studying a-levels in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics☺️

This is a forum for reapplicants and applicants aswell. Good luck. You will get all of the support here!
I didn't get rejected - i have issues with my mother about moving out for uni and i knew deep down that even if i did get an interview, she wouldn't let me go to it. In the end i substituted it for Liverpool as they don't do interviews for Law and i really do regret removing Oxford. I'm considering reapplying for Law if my A Levels end up being 3A*'s which is what I'm working for.

I might take a gap year so i can work to the point where i feel financially stable. This year i applied to Durham, Bristol, Liverpool, Sheffield and Newcastle. (I hold offers for 3 of them already.)

However, if i do reapply to Oxford (I'd reapply to Linclon college) next year then i would also apply to Durham, Sheffield, Glasgow and either York/Nottingham/Bristol
Original post by Supernovas
I didn't get rejected - i have issues with my mother about moving out for uni and i knew deep down that even if i did get an interview, she wouldn't let me go to it. In the end i substituted it for Liverpool as they don't do interviews for Law and i really do regret removing Oxford. I'm considering reapplying for Law if my A Levels end up being 3A*'s which is what I'm working for.

I might take a gap year so i can work to the point where i feel financially stable. This year i applied to Durham, Bristol, Liverpool, Sheffield and Newcastle. (I hold offers for 3 of them already.)

However, if i do reapply to Oxford (I'd reapply to Linclon college) next year then i would also apply to Durham, Sheffield, Glasgow and either York/Nottingham/Bristol

Why does your mom have problems with you moving to uni. My parents do too. But for me its religious issues. I would seriously advise you to reapply
Reply 14
Not reapplying, but doing a third year at college as I changed my mind about what I wanted to do at uni :smile: I also wanted to ensure that I could support myself financially before moving out lol

Course: History and French
College: Wadham
Predicted Grades: A* (French), A (English Literature), A (Chemistry) - (No idea about History yet, as it's only an AS)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gyllgi
Not reapplying, but doing a third year at college as I changed my mind about what I wanted to do at uni :smile: I also wanted to ensure that I could support myself financially before moving out lol

Course: History and French
College: Wadham
Predicted Grades: A* (French), A (English Literature), A (Chemistry) - (No idea about History yet, as it's only an AS)

Thats great. This forum is for applicants and re applicants. Good luck! :smile: hppe you get in. Applying after your A levels is a great advantage and gives you a less stressful applocation. Once you have your grades you can enjoy a smooth application.....
Hi, i’m Mya and I too, like you all, have hopes of applying to Oxford next year.

Course: English language and literature.
College: LMH
Predicted grades: haven’t had prediction exams yet
Hey guys

Looking to apply to Oxford but may apply to Cambridge instead due to GCSEs giving less weight when applying there than Oxford (My GCSEs aren't bad as there are a few A*s but I think I have too many As next to my name instead of more A*s

Course: Computer Science
College: No idea
Predicted grades: A*A*AA
Gosh, some of you are keen beans! :biggrin:

Oxford Woosta (Worcester College) muso (music) alumna (2007-2010) here. Any questions about music at Ox or about Woosta, do feel free to PM. I'm not gonna be watching this thread so quote or tag me to get my attention :h:
Original post by Yr_11_MATHS
Hey guys

Looking to apply to Oxford but may apply to Cambridge instead due to GCSEs giving less weight when applying there than Oxford (My GCSEs aren't bad as there are a few A*s but I think I have too many As next to my name instead of more A*s

Course: Computer Science
College: No idea
Predicted grades: A*A*AA

go for oxford. As long as you dont have Bs its good. As and A*s are given a similar weighting. And I would advise you to take A level maths and another subjects this year. Get an A* in maths and an A in another subject. Then you should have a stronger applocatiom than the rest.

Latest

Trending

Trending