The Student Room Group

Yellow vest protest about oil prices

1000 people taken into custody already? I was looking forward into this story after hearing this on the news... Prehaps something different from brexit haha. Turns out it was an anti-government protest about rising oil prices. I’m sorry but how can a government expect its people to manage with rising fuel prices (inspired prehaps by the the UN climate summit) when there is barely any options nor infrastructure for people to go electric when it comes to transport?

What really annoys me however is that the west have been almost forced to pick up the huge burden that Asia has produced: the huge amount of pollution it produces every year. So in that sense... I can “see” where Donal Trump is coming from when he “denies” climate change. I do believe that he knows that climate change is real, however he clearly just doesn’t feel the need to help when Asia is the main problem.
Anyways it’s my opinion so what’s yours?? Please do comment
Original post by DanBillyard
1000 people taken into custody already? I was looking forward into this story after hearing this on the news... Prehaps something different from brexit haha. Turns out it was an anti-government protest about rising oil prices. I’m sorry but how can a government expect its people to manage with rising fuel prices (inspired prehaps by the the UN climate summit) when there is barely any options nor infrastructure for people to go electric when it comes to transport?

What really annoys me however is that the west have been almost forced to pick up the huge burden that Asia has produced: the huge amount of pollution it produces every year. So in that sense... I can “see” where Donal Trump is coming from when he “denies” climate change. I do believe that he knows that climate change is real, however he clearly just doesn’t feel the need to help when Asia is the main problem.
Anyways it’s my opinion so what’s yours?? Please do comment

Didnt the west get to this position though because if the pollution they created and enjoyed the benefit from in the previous 150 years?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions_per_capita

Isnt one of the reasons that pollution is high in this country because its western countries who have noved their industrial base abroad to India and China?
Reply 2
You make a good point I do understand that we brought manufacturing and therefore a huge portion of pollution and problems into the word in that sense... however it seems to be that the companies are being ignored by the counties they operate in. Counties such as the Indonesia (one of the largest contributors to plastics pollution) seem to completely ignore what they actually are doing. China also has the worlds worst smog in cities in the world; a very clear visual indicator of pollution. So I do believe that China and such counties should take responsibility for their actions... not no much the west

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending