The Student Room Group

gcse science year 11 mocks 2018

Hey ill be doing the exams next week and doing higher content for paper 1 . Can anyone tell me the topics that came up in all 3 sciences ? I will also be doing double content in the paper 2 . AQA BOARD
(edited 5 years ago)
Do you do seperate sciences for Edexcel?
(Original post by mounaabdx)Do you do seperate sciences for Edexcel?

Original post by mounaabdx

i am doing the AQA board

I do can u help me out !!!!!
Original post by Mrandhawa
I do can u help me out !!!!!

Sure! I only did biology paper 1 though.
There's a six marker on lyctic virus cycle, one question about pentadactyl limbs, a question about the human genome research, stem cells and a few questions on the eye. There's also mitosis so memorise how the pictures look and the names of the phases. There's a question about x400 magnification and lenses for the eye (the answer to lenses for short sighted people is a concave/diverging lens btw.) Sorry, that's all I remember but it wasn't a particularly hard paper! It was just awful for me because I had crammed the night before. Search around on twitter, there's probably some answers there too!
There's a six marker on lyctic virus cycle, one question about pentadactyl limbs, a question about the human genome research, stem cells and a few questions on the eye. There's also mitosis so memorise how the pictures look and the names of the phases. There's a question about x400 magnification and lenses for the eye (the answer to lenses for short sighted people is a concave/diverging lens btw.) Sorry, that's all I remember but it wasn't a particularly hard paper! It was just awful for me because I had crammed the night before. Search around on twitter, there's probably some answers there too!

Thanks have you done chemistry paper1 or no?

There was a gastric band question,
Original post by Yr_11_MATHS

Oh yes! And a question about waist to hip ratio.
Thanks have you done chemistry paper1 or no?

Nope. I'm doing it on wednesday and Physics on thursday. You can PM me if you're doing it after me though.

Yr_11_Maths have u done chem paper 1 Edexcel 9-1 2018 paper too?
Nope. I'm doing it on wednesday and Physics on thursday. You can PM me if you're doing it after me though.

Looool I’m doing it tomorrow

Yes... There was a question about titration with phenyphaliene(can't spell it).... Many questions about titration calculations towards the end....

I did physics paper 1 as well.... There were questions about gamma ray etc.
I did physics paper 1 as well.... There were questions about gamma ray etc.

is this for the edexcel paper?
Yes... There was a question about titration with phenyphaliene(can't spell it).... Many questions about titration calculations towards the end....

Like how much acid to neutralise so and so and mole calculation questions...

Quick Reply

Latest