The Student Room Group
Toxic shock syndrome is rare and only occurs if you leave your tampon in for an extended length of time
shock horror people who menstruate need sanitary products
Please get educated before spreading misinformation
Reply 2
Original post by CoolCavy
Toxic shock syndrome is rare and only occurs if you leave your tampon in for an extended length of time
shock horror people who menstruate need sanitary products
Please get educated before spreading misinformation

Lol. You're very specific.

Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a rare but life-threatening condition caused by bacteria getting into the body and releasing harmful toxins. It doesn't have to take a long period of time. It just has to be transferred from the carrier to the host by contact. Why don't you give it a try?

#Nice profile pic.
(edited 5 years ago)
Under Corbyn this will be the only source of electricity.
Original post by xdopaminex
Lol. You're very specific.

Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a rare but life-threatening condition caused by bacteria getting into the body and releasing harmful toxins. It doesn't have to take a long period of time. It just has to be transferred from the carrier to the host by contact. Why don't you give it a try?

#Nice profile pic.

Have to side with Cavy here. It isn't okay to scare vulnerable young women like this. Tampons and other sanitary products are perfectly safe to use. With anything there are risks.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
Have to side with Cavy here. It isn't okay to scare vulnerable young women like this. Tampons and other sanitary products are perfectly safe to use. With anything there are risks.

But I'm telling the truth.
(edited 5 years ago)
My apologies, if I'm scaring anyone out there. But I'm telling the truth.

You certainly are. But you're exaggerating the dangers. Yes there is a risk of TSS. But it's not a very big risk at all. If it was a big risk I would have died 4 years ago but here am still using tampons every month and totally healthy.

You can get die from food poisoning so you better not eat food. You can die from being in a vehicle so you better not go in or near one. You can die from tripping and falling down the stairs so you better not touch a step in your life. You can die from a whole host of every day things because everything has a risk. Doesn't mean you should avoid it or scare other people about it. Just be aware of the risk so you can keep yourself safe, but don't stop using a product just because of a very small risk.

You should be saying "hey women, read the leaflet that comes with your sanitary products which has all the info on TSS. Keep yourself safe when using them and know what symptoms to look out for!"
Reply 7
Winter Wonderland. :wink:
The best way of giving yourself a toxic shock syndrome this winter. :biggrin:

If you're that worried about TSS, use a pad. Simple solution.
Reply 8
You certainly are. But you're exaggerating the dangers. Yes there is a risk of TSS. But it's not a very big risk at all. If it was a big risk I would have died 4 years ago but here am still using tampons every month and totally healthy.

You can get die from food poisoning so you better not eat food. You can die from being in a vehicle so you better not go in or near one. You can die from tripping and falling down the stairs so you better not touch a step in your life. You can die from a whole host of every day things because everything has a risk. Doesn't mean you should avoid it or scare other people about it. Just be aware of the risk so you can keep yourself safe, but don't stop using a product just because of a very small risk.

You should be saying "hey women, read the leaflet that comes with your sanitary products which has all the info on TSS. Keep yourself safe when using them and know what symptoms to look out for!"

Lol. You know you should really give it a try. Are you on your period right now?
Reply 9

Lol. You know you should really give it a try. Are you on your period right now?

Give what a try exactly? No I'm not :smile:
Give what a try exactly? Yes I'm on my period right now :smile:

:biggrin:
:biggrin:

You must be very impressed with yourself for changing a quote. 10 points to you, well done. Honestly doesn't change the fact you're unnecessarily scaring young girls and you need to stop spreading misinformation.
You must be very impressed with yourself for changing a quote. 10 points to you, well done. Honestly doesn't change the fact you're unnecessarily scaring young girls and you need to stop spreading misinformation.

I don't see why you're still here on my post. Like I said try it if you want. Plug every hole of your body with it.
I don't see why you're still here on my post. Like I said try it if you want. Plug every hole of your body with it.

With TSS? You aren't being clear.
With TSS? You aren't being clear.

Try it and plug every hole of your body with it.
Try it and plug every hole of your body with it.

Don't see how I can do that with a syndrome but okay, you do you.
I've been using tampons for a couple months shy of thirteen years and get my period more frequently than most women due to a medical condition. I'm clearly still alive. :tongue:

Latest