The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Josephine Butler College (Durham) 2019 Offer Holders

Hi all. Just a discussion for people who're probably going to be in JB in 2019. What did you think about the place? What course have you applied for? What sort of offer did you get?

I've applied for Computer Science with an Industry Year. JB seems like a sick place.

Good to meet you's.

Scroll to see replies

Hi. I've applied for JB to study English Literature, I just realy liked it's location and facilities. I haven't yet receieved an offer. I agree, it did seem like a sick place, hopefully I can get a place :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by truthmartini
Hi. I've applied for JB to study English Literature, I just realy liked it's location and facilities. I haven't yet receieved an offer. I agree, it did seem like a sick place, hopefully I can get a place :smile:

Good luck pal. I'm sure you'll do just fine. From what I've seen of my mates applying for Law and other courses at Durham, Humanities and Arts type stuff seem to be taking longer to process. Don't sweat it bro.
Reply 3
I've got an offer for biology. Chose it because I need to be self catered! I'm just worried cos some people said the college is more anti-social than the others.
Reply 4
Also, have you had any confirmation that your definitely accepted into JB? All I have is the letter Z in UCAS track.
Original post by 0370900
I've got an offer for biology. Chose it because I need to be self catered! I'm just worried cos some people said the college is more anti-social than the others.

Absolutely untrue! I'm a current first-year at Butler, it's a wonderfully friendly place and parties just as hard as any other college.

If anyone has any questions about Butler or the wider Durham experience, please ask away.
Happy to update that I've got my offer, but not confirmed at JB yet :smile:
Hi!! I have an offer to study International Relations & have applied for Butler but no response on that yet!
My place has been confirmed at Josephine Butler!! Just got to decide which uni I'm definitely going to and hope that I get the grades now :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by truthmartini
My place has been confirmed at Josephine Butler!! Just got to decide which uni I'm definitely going to and hope that I get the grades now :smile:

Great to hear and good luck with the grades :yy:
Original post by 8472
Great to hear and good luck with the grades :yy:

Hi! Does anyone know how Hatfield college is? I've received an offer for BA Econ L100 and college allocation is Hatfield
Original post by sameeksha31
Hi! Does anyone know how Hatfield college is? I've received an offer for BA Econ L100 and college allocation is Hatfield

It's got a bit of a reputation for having a load of pretentious pricks living there, but I've visited it at an open day, and it looks pretty nice other than it's rep
Got into JB for theoretical physics

haven't seen any other physicists in the Durham thread or here, anyone else doing some sort of physics?
Original post by DontJudgeImANerd
It's got a bit of a reputation for having a load of pretentious pricks living there, but I've visited it at an open day, and it looks pretty nice other than it's rep

That's just sad, thanks anyway xD
Reply 15
Original post by DontJudgeImANerd
Got into JB for theoretical physics

haven't seen any other physicists in the Durham thread or here, anyone else doing some sort of physics?

Hey, I have an offer for Physics and Astronomy and just got allocated to JB today,

first Durham physicist I've met as well :smile:
Original post by JC2021
Hey, I have an offer for Physics and Astronomy and just got allocated to JB today,

first Durham physicist I've met as well :smile:

Hey guys I've also just been allocated to JB for the MPhys course. You guys are the first I've seen in the same situation. Are you thinking of firming it?
Original post by Homemadeslaw
Hey guys I've also just been allocated to JB for the MPhys course. You guys are the first I've seen in the same situation. Are you thinking of firming it?

Nice to see another Physicist :biggrin:

I'm debating whether to firm Durham or York atm

check pm
JB for natsci! Planning to insure durham as I have a cambridge offer but I'm worried that if I do, I'll get switched colleges. How often does that happen?
Original post by stephie.b
JB for natsci! Planning to insure durham as I have a cambridge offer but I'm worried that if I do, I'll get switched colleges. How often does that happen?

it doesn't happen too often, they try to keep you in the college you were allocated if they can

Out of interest, what were your offers from Cambridge and Durham?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending