The Student Room Group
I am planning to join Oxford as it had many good reviews
I'm guessing you may have already found your study centre, but I've studied with BPP professional education for 2 years and found them to be good ^_^ Feel free to message me if anyone would like details. I studied the L3 Business Certificate, then went onto CIM Level 4 - and am hopefully about to go onto the CIM Level 6 diploma
Hi Melhoneybee17,

I would be interested in more details but I don't know how to message you :biggrin:

I have studied with BPP for my ACCA qualification and I was very happy with them. However CIM seems to be a total different thing - and I am very confused on which provider to choose :frown:

I would like to sign up for CIM Level 4. If you have any details you can share can you please contact me? Thank you.

Also if any other members have suggestions on do's and don'ts they would be very much appreciated!

Original post by melhoneybee17
I'm guessing you may have already found your study centre, but I've studied with BPP professional education for 2 years and found them to be good ^_^ Feel free to message me if anyone would like details. I studied the L3 Business Certificate, then went onto CIM Level 4 - and am hopefully about to go onto the CIM Level 6 diploma
Hiya, no problem - sorry for the delayed reply!

I actually just found out I passed (and therefore completed!) the CIM Level 4 on Friday, so this is good timing! :biggrin:

I previously studied BPP's own Level 3 business and marketing qualification and found the student support to be amazing, the next progression seemed to be to the CIM Level 4 so we stayed with BPP for the next stage.

There is definitely a step up from Level 3 to 4, and the format of the CIM qualifications seems to be much more "professional" (for want of a better word). There is 1 exam and 2 assignments for the L4, and I did struggle with the 2 assignments (the proof of this is I actually got a distinction in the exam, and low passes in the other two). In sixth form I always hated exams, and often got atleast a grade or 2 above in coursework; so this was a complete swap for me!

Maybe the tutors would class me as a more "needy" student, but I did mention to my management at work that BPP didnt seem to support me as well as I would have hoped. Most communication is via email, with a couple of calls scattered over the 12 months - and because the CIM is quite strict, they can only advise you really follow the exam/assignment guidance/mark scheme (which anyone would do!).

I do balance my work/client commitments along with my apprenticeship work, so I will admit there was definitely times I didnt prioritise studies :colondollar: so dont take my experience as law with BPP! It's not like I can directly contrast them!

At the moment I'm moving onto level 6, and putting a case together for my company to invest in the course with The Professional Academy (BPP doesnt offer CIM L6 or above). I've shortlisted them because they seem to be good at student support, they have a pass guarantee and opportunities to workshop. I think they do the L4 too, so I'd recommend looking at them alongside BPP. Feel free to message me for any details on the L4 course or learning providers :smile:

TLDR - BPP is good but I personally wasnt as pleased with their student support during the CIM L4. I recommend checking out The Professional Academy as well as BPP, since I'm looking to move to them for L6!
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you so much for your comprehensive answer! What is your opinion on Cambridge Marketing College? Also, what made you go with The Professional Academy? Thank you!
Reply 6
Has anyone studied with the CIM academy? I'm looking to do the L6 Diploma but can't find out much about them? Am also looking at Oxford College of marketing if anyone has any notes to share on them?
Reply 7
Hi - I am also trying to decide what centre to study for my L6 CIM Diploma. Currently deciding between:- London Met Uni- Cambridge Marketing College- Professional Academy - Oxford Marketing CollegeIf you have completed the course, would you recommend evening classes versus distance learning?
I´m trying to decide to between for L6CIM academyOxford College of Marketing Professional Academy
I think both are good. Those are two in my top 3.

It would be good to find some old students who could tell us

Original post by LP3
Has anyone studied with the CIM academy? I'm looking to do the L6 Diploma but can't find out much about them? Am also looking at Oxford College of marketing if anyone has any notes to share on them?
How did you get on Roshinara?
Original post by Roshinara Singh
I am planning to join Oxford as it had many good reviews
Hey I'm in the same boat as many others considering of a L6 Diploma in digital Marketing either CIM academy or Oxford College of Marketing. Did anyone make a choice in the end? Any recommendations for L6?

Latest

Trending

Trending