The Student Room Group

Doing German GCSE Or Not??

I have been doing German since year five with slow progression this year I picked my options this year and chose German but since early October I've started to hate German so I kept at it for about a month and a bit until I talked to one of my teachers about it and I got moved to dog care qualification which I also wanted to do but I had already picked German I really like dog care but I have started to fall back in love with German just like in year 7 another girl is also doing dog care but does her work in her own time e.g lunch, break and free time. so its not impossible to do both so what do you think because I really want to get back into it. And what way would make my transition easier if I do end up studying German again?
Original post by tilliesm
I have been doing German since year five with slow progression this year I picked my options this year and chose German but since early October I've started to hate German so I kept at it for about a month and a bit until I talked to one of my teachers about it and I got moved to dog care qualification which I also wanted to do but I had already picked German I really like dog care but I have started to fall back in love with German just like in year 7 another girl is also doing dog care but does her work in her own time e.g lunch, break and free time. so its not impossible to do both so what do you think because I really want to get back into it. And what way would make my transition easier if I do end up studying German again?

Hi there,

Firstly, if you think you can juggle both qualifications then I would certainly think about going back to the German teacher to discuss the possibility of picking it back up.

Think about why you stopped liking German in the first place and write a pro's and con's list before making any final decisions.

Having a second langauge can help boost certain careers and can open up international opportunities to you in the future.

Depending on how much you have missed you might need to spend some additional time catching up which I am sure the teacher can talk you through. You may even be able to look into tutoring from home to help you get up to speed.

I feel the best advice I can offer you here is to go an speak with the German teaching to find out whether or not it's possible to pick it back up and take it from there.

Thanks - Sophie.
Reply 2
Original post by National Careers Service
Hi there,

Firstly, if you think you can juggle both qualifications then I would certainly think about going back to the German teacher to discuss the possibility of picking it back up.

Think about why you stopped liking German in the first place and write a pro's and con's list before making any final decisions.

Having a second langauge can help boost certain careers and can open up international opportunities to you in the future.

Depending on how much you have missed you might need to spend some additional time catching up which I am sure the teacher can talk you through. You may even be able to look into tutoring from home to help you get up to speed.

I feel the best advice I can offer you here is to go an speak with the German teaching to find out whether or not it's possible to pick it back up and take it from there.

Thanks - Sophie.

thanks so much for the advice and I'm going to talk to my German and Dog care Teachers about it soon:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest