The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is it possible for me? I like white guys not Muslim guys so I cant marry a Muslim guy.

I've seen it happen but would it work?

Was meant to be Muslim girl not girlfriend, can't change it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but a Muslim girl can't marry a non-Muslim guy right?

My ex was Muslim and one of the many reasons we broke up was because we couldn't marry.
Was meant to be Muslim girl not girlfriend, can't change it.

Is it possible for me? I like white guys not Muslim guys so I cant marry a Muslim guy.

I've seen it happen but would it work?

You sound so ignorant. ‘Muslim’ is not a race. Islam is a religion . Any race can be a Muslim. There are white Muslims in the world. I think you should focus on educating yourself first rather than dating.
Reply 4
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Correct me if I'm wrong but a Muslim girl can't marry a non-Muslim guy right?

My ex was Muslim and one of the many reasons we broke up was because we couldn't marry.

Technically even islamically they can marry but most don't because of the conflict that could arise. The ones who do, the one who isn't muslim usually converts to Muslim or pretends to but both are stupid. No one is supposed to convert just to marry someone, they have to want to be Muslim for them self. Lying about converting is worse, it will come out some day and cause more problems.
Technically even islamically they can marry but most don't because of the conflict that could arise. The ones who do, the one who isn't muslim usually converts to Muslim or pretends to but both are stupid. No one is supposed to convert just to marry someone, they have to want to be Muslim for them self. Lying about converting is worse, it will come out some day and cause more problems.

So haven't you answered your own question there? :hmmmm:
You can marry whoever you want as long as the other person wants to marry you too.
Reply 7
So haven't you answered your own question there? :hmmmm:

Why couldn't you marry your ex? Did her family say no?
Why couldn't you marry your ex? Did her family say no?

Nope, she said it wouldn't be possible cos of her religion.
Reply 9

That's kind of silly. Islam doesn't really allow relationships before marriage. She didn't think about religion when she was your girlfriend but when it came to marriage she did.
That's kind of silly. Islam doesn't really allow relationships before marriage. She didn't think about religion when she was your girlfriend but when it came to marriage she did.

Yeah I know, I thought that too.

But at the end of the day I'm glad it ended. She was a great girl don't get me wrong, but I'm happy we broke up cos being in a relationship has shown me where I need to improve myself so that I can be a better bf for any future relationships. Also, being single gives me lots of free time to work on improving myself and loving myself fully.

I take my past relationship as a lesson from the universe to help me grow as a person.
My Muslim mum married a white man and they have been happily married for 23 years. I think it depends on your family and how accepting they would be
That's a good way to think about it. Hopefully your next relationship will last
Islamically a Muslim women cannot marry a non Muslim man at all unless obviously he turns to a Muslim before the Nikah is done. If he reverts just for the marriage then the Nikah is invalid the relationship is invalid. The man must be 100% sincere when reverting back to Islam or the marriage is Batil (false).
This is so ignorant.
If you like ‘white’ guys so much then marry a white Muslim. Muslim is not a race or colour, stop the ignorance please. On top, this shows a lot about you as a person, if you are just going to marry someone based on looks and colour only lol
Put it this way, I’m a Muslim girl, and I’m due to be marrying my white boyfriend soon. Stop thinking of what others think. Yeah it’s not as rare as it used to be. But if you want to do it, don’t let no one stop u following your heart. These days you see more Asian girls with white guys. It’s just normal now. And @JoshDarnIt I don’t think it was just because of her religion her parents may not also have accepted it which would have made things harder for her.
Reply 16
Original post by DrawTheLine
You can marry whoever you want as long as the other person wants to marry you too.

You're a "Community Assistant", yet you just throw generic comments like this, not taking in the context which OP speaks of, and helps absolutely nobody? What is the actual point of this title that you have?
Original post by AnharM
You're a "Community Assistant", yet you just throw generic comments like this, not taking in the context which OP speaks of, and helps absolutely nobody? What is the actual point of this title that you have?

😂😂😂lol that was funny

So she led you on, basically...
Original post by AnharM

You can ask the CT what Community Assistants do and they'll be more than happy to help you out!

Latest

Trending

Trending