The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Course(s) Applied for: Primary Teaching
Other Unis Applied to: Aberdeen, Dundee, Strathclyde, UHI
Anything Else: got 5 As at higher in S5, doing an HNC instead of S6. Kinda concerned about how the tutors are sciencey people because that's not my strong point!
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by kerilouise38
Course(s) Applied for: Primary Teaching
Other Unis Applied to: Aberdeen, Dundee, Strathclyde, UHI
Anything Else: got 5 As at higher in S5, doing an HNC instead of S6. Kinda concerned about how the tutors are sciencey people because that's not my strong point!

I've also applied for primary teaching at the same places as you apart from Stirling instead of UHI! Have you heard back from anywhere yet? :smile:
Original post by Lucyy26
I've also applied for primary teaching at the same places as you apart from Stirling instead of UHI! Have you heard back from anywhere yet? :smile:

I've got an unconditional for Strathclyde! That's the only place though, I wish we heard sooner because I hate all this waiting! Have you heard back yet from any?
Reply 4
I've got an unconditional for Strathclyde! That's the only place though, I wish we heard sooner because I hate all this waiting! Have you heard back yet from any?

That's so good, well done! How long after you applied did you hear back? I've still not heard back from anyone yet :frown:
Original post by Lucyy26
That's so good, well done! How long after you applied did you hear back? I've still not heard back from anyone yet :frown:

I heard back a week after I applied! I don't know how it was so quick! I think I'll probably decline Dundee before I even hear back because the interview email scared me a bit lol
Reply 6
I heard back a week after I applied! I don't know how it was so quick! I think I'll probably decline Dundee before I even hear back because the interview email scared me a bit lol

Wow, that's fast! Yeah, the interview email also freaked me out! I don't really want to go to Dundee so hopefully, I get an offer from somewhere else so I don't have to interview.
QMU is my top choice because its closest to me and then Strathclyde is probably next on my list. What about you?
Original post by Lucyy26
Wow, that's fast! Yeah, the interview email also freaked me out! I don't really want to go to Dundee so hopefully, I get an offer from somewhere else so I don't have to interview.
QMU is my top choice because its closest to me and then Strathclyde is probably next on my list. What about you?

I'm debating between Strathclyde and QMU if I go away for uni, but I live in Orkney so UHI would be easiest for me because the college is 5 minutes away! I'm not sure whether I want to go away or not for uni yet, but I'm visiting both the unis in January so that should hopefully give me a bit more of an idea!
Name/username: Chloë
Course applied for: Speech and language therapy
Other unis applied to: Manchester Met & MARJON
Anything else: English student - studying L3 in health and social care. Got interview for MARJON so far!
Anyone had offers for filmmaking course yet
courses applied - podiatry
other unis - Glasgow Caledonian, Huddersfield, Brighton and Ulster
I have two interviews for Brighton and Huddersfield
Just wondering if anyone has heard back for podiatry ?
Anyone had any offers for Business?
Anyone had any speech and language therapy BSc offers?
Anyone have any physiotherapy bsc offers yet?
Original post by clewis2000
Anyone had any speech and language therapy BSc offers?

No, been checking this everyday seeing if anybody has so i can get excited haha. My friend applied too though and she hasnt got one either. Good luck :smile:
I received a conditional offer for Business Management today!
Original post by jasontesfaye
I received a conditional offer for Business Management today!

Oh I’m glad to hear people are starting to hear!!
I got an unconditional offer for Film and Media at Qmu. Anyone else?Anyone who in general got an offer?
Congratulations !! When did u find out and when did you apply ?
Thank you! I applied in October and found out in December!