The Student Room Group

Aon Actuarial Video Interview?

Hi all, I hope all of your applications etc. are going well! :smile:

I have just been invited to take a video interview for Aon's Investment and Pensions consulting scheme after doing some online tests; I was just wondering if you anybody had any tips on what to expect, or any insights into the sort of things being you were asked? I've never used Montage video interviews before, so not entirely sure what to expect!

Thanks in advance, any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Hey! do you remember the sort of questions they asked you for your video interview?

(Original post by Vital Sign)Hi all, I hope all of your applications etc. are going well! :smile:

I have just been invited to take a video interview for Aon's Investment and Pensions consulting scheme after doing some online tests; I was just wondering if you anybody had any tips on what to expect, or any insights into the sort of things being you were asked? I've never used Montage video interviews before, so not entirely sure what to expect!

Original post by Anon12123213
Hey! do you remember the sort of questions they asked you for your video interview?

(Original post by Vital Sign)Hi all, I hope all of your applications etc. are going well! :smile:

Hi there!

Did you manage to do the video interview? Just wanted to ask about what sort of questions one should expect? I got mine in a slightly different area. Feel free to PM me if you want. I can share some tips with you if you need!
Original post by Anon12123213

Hey! How long did it take after you submitted your application to be invited to the tests?
Original post by onetwothree0308
Hey! How long did it take after you submitted your application to be invited to the tests?

Hi mate, it took really long!!! Don't be surprised if you don't get invited at first. Even after one passes the test it takes long to be invited to the video interview as well. Although you get feedback from the providers, Cut-e, on your test results immediately. Which stream are you applying to?
Talents, Reward and Performance consulting in London! Ah thats good to know thanks, I only sent in my application on 29/11 so don't know if most of the roles have already been filled but fingers crossed. How did you find the online tests? Best of luck with the video interview!
Original post by JIMBO789
Hi mate, it took really long!!! Don't be surprised if you don't get invited at first. Even after one passes the test it takes long to be invited to the video interview as well. Although you get feedback from the providers, Cut-e, on your test results immediately. Which stream are you applying to?

Talents, Reward and Performance consulting in London! Ah thats good to know thanks, I only sent in my application on 29/11 so don't know if most of the roles have already been filled but fingers crossed. How did you find the online tests? Best of luck with the video interview!
Original post by Vital Sign
Hi all, I hope all of your applications etc. are going well! :smile:

Video interviews often work like this: They will ask you several questions and judge you on two things, namely “competence” and “engagement”. Competence involves giving a good answer to the question, and engagement involves seeming very enthusiastic about the answer that you’re giving.

For example, the question might be something like: You’re very busy with a project at work already, but your boss has told you that there is another urgent piece of work that needs to get done straight away. What do you do?

Low competence would be saying something like, you’d have to refuse because you need to prioritise the piece of work you were on already; perhaps he could find someone else.

Medium competence might be agreeing to take on the urgent work, but perhaps asking if the deadline can be extended, informing managers of the first piece of work that you might not get that done as soon as expected because something else has come up, asking for more people to be put onto your projects so you can share responsibilities, or adding other qualifiers and conditions to your answer.

High competence would be when you completely take both bulls by the horns; agreeing to take full responsibility for both projects despite the high pressure and time constraints, and being willing to juggle two things at once, work late nights if you have to, but ensuring that at all costs that both pieces of work are delivered to a high standard. It’s when you can say to your boss “don’t worry about it, leave it with me, I’ve got this”.

If you can give a “high competence” answer, you’d get bonus points by including “engagement” in your answer as well. Engagement makes it clear that you wouldn’t be reluctant to do everything you’ve said; you’d be putting your heart and soul into it. You might say that you’d love the opportunity to show how well you can perform under pressure, you’d get immense satisfaction from having two difficult tasks and still managing to do a great job on both of them, and you want to gain your boss’ utmost trust in critical situations. You should be talking about yourself and the type of person you are, and how a job like this would put you completely in your element.

You’ll get an average score for these two criteria for all of your questions, and the places will be given to whichever people get the best scores.

Good luck :smile:

I liked the online tests because I had done it so many times before for other companies lol
How about you?
I submitted mine in early October, only heard about online tests in about November I think
Best of luck, hope you get it! I am applying for London as well
And thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by tazarooni89
Video interviews often work like this: They will ask you several questions and judge you on two things, namely “competence” and “engagement”. Competence involves giving a good answer to the question, and engagement involves seeming very enthusiastic about the answer that you’re giving.

For example, the question might be something like: You’re very busy with a project at work already, but your boss has told you that there is another urgent piece of work that needs to get done straight away. What do you do?

Low competence would be saying something like, you’d have to refuse because you need to prioritise the piece of work you were on already; perhaps he could find someone else.

Medium competence might be agreeing to take on the urgent work, but perhaps asking if the deadline can be extended, informing managers of the first piece of work that you might not get that done as soon as expected because something else has come up, asking for more people to be put onto your projects so you can share responsibilities, or adding other qualifiers and conditions to your answer.

High competence would be when you completely take both bulls by the horns; agreeing to take full responsibility for both projects despite the high pressure and time constraints, and being willing to juggle two things at once, work late nights if you have to, but ensuring that at all costs that both pieces of work are delivered to a high standard. It’s when you can say to your boss “don’t worry about it, leave it with me, I’ve got this”.

If you can give a “high competence” answer, you’d get bonus points by including “engagement” in your answer as well. Engagement makes it clear that you wouldn’t be reluctant to do everything you’ve said; you’d be putting your heart and soul into it. You might say that you’d love the opportunity to show how well you can perform under pressure, you’d get immense satisfaction from having two difficult tasks and still managing to do a great job on both of them, and you want to gain your boss’ utmost trust in critical situations. You should be talking about yourself and the type of person you are, and how a job like this would put you completely in your element.

You’ll get an average score for these two criteria for all of your questions, and the places will be given to whichever people get the best scores.

Good luck :smile:

Thanks for this, I have done loads of VIs but never really understood how they are scored

Hey I applied to the same role as well and just got invited for an video interview! I am wondering if you have done the interview already, and if so, could you share what questions you got? That would be greatly appreciated!
I'm doing mine soon. What questions can I expect ?
Original post by expressodoub
Hey I applied to the same role as well and just got invited for an video interview! I am wondering if you have done the interview already, and if so, could you share what questions you got? That would be greatly appreciated!
Bump on this thread - could anyone kindly share what questions they got for the modern hire video interview??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending