The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why are you Catholic?
What's your position on sedevacantists?
Reply 3
Traditional as in you take things 'seriously' and attend Novus Ordo rite or serious to the point you attend Tridentine rite?
I'm guessing you're from Ireland (North or South) or have Irish family ( I'm from NI and Catholic although extremely liberal towards social issues).
What are your beliefs exactly?
Are catholics, strict Christians?
Views on homosexuality?
Would you say it's possible to be gay and a Catholic or does a gay person have to give up their religion and stop believing?
Do you pray all the time?
Do you attend Church every Sundays?
Would you say Catholics and Muslims have similar beliefs?
Reply 6
Original post by Leviathan1611
why are you Catholic?

The Catholic Church is the church founded by Jesus Christ in 33AD. We have apostolic tradition and history on our side. I am Catholic because I see it as true.
Original post by proPat
The Catholic Church is the church founded by Jesus Christ in 33AD. We have apostolic tradition and history on our side. I am Catholic because I see it as true.

are you aware that some Catholic tradition/customs (I dunno what to call it🤦) is the complete opposite of what Jesus taught?
Transubstantiation?
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
What's your position on sedevacantists?

I don't think it is a valid position. The Francis is Pope by virtue of his office. The theories about automatic excommunication due to 'heresy' don't hold, no one can be the judge on this matter but the Pope himself or a future Pope
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
Traditional as in you take things 'seriously' and attend Novus Ordo rite or serious to the point you attend Tridentine rite?

I attend the Trientine Mass (1962). I try to be faithful to the teachings of the church and try to live accordingly.
Original post by Alisha999
What are your beliefs exactly?
Are catholics, strict Christians?
Views on homosexuality?
Would you say it's possible to be gay and a Catholic or does a gay person have to give up their religion and stop believing?
Do you pray all the time?
Do you attend Church every Sundays?
Would you say Catholics and Muslims have similar beliefs?

These questions seem mostly quite obvious in answer and as such it appears that you are trolling. For what reason, I don't know.
The question is why ask here, and not google it?
Reply 12
Original post by proPat
what do you want to know?

Thoughts on nominalism and how did it effect the Reformation.
Reply 13
Original post by proPat
I attend the Trientine Mass (1962). I try to be faithful to the teachings of the church and try to live accordingly.

And are you against/do you dislike the Novus Ordo rite?

Is it difficult for you to attend Tridentine rite? I am agnostic now but I did appreciate the spirituality of the tridentine mass. I still do appreciate, but in order to attend I have to travel right to the city centre of where I live
When's the next bus to Newcastle?
Original post by pereira325
These questions seem mostly quite obvious in answer and as such it appears that you are trolling. For what reason, I don't know.
The question is why ask here, and not google it?

No I have no intention of trolling, it's an AMA so these are the questions that popped up in my mind.
If OP doesn't want to answer the questions then fair enough I have no objections.

I apologise if you thought I was causing dispute, i can assure you that was not my intention.
Reply 16
Original post by Leviathan1611
are you aware that some Catholic tradition/customs (I dunno what to call it🤦) is the complete opposite of what Jesus taught?

Like what?
Reply 17
Original post by JoshDarnIt
When's the next bus to Newcastle?

Are you sure you're on the right thread?
Apostrophes ?
Original post by JoeBruc
Are you sure you're on the right thread?

Yes I'm right where I need to be