The Student Room Group

Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by stulfc
Well you get the fast pass to the AC unless one of your schemes requires a maths test. So assuming the internship takes place between July to end of August then the fast pass will be valid for September 2020 intake.

That's what I thought! Wonder if they offer you alternative work during the year for those that have graduated, or if you just look elsewhere completely
Reply 61
Original post by Candi19
That's what I thought! Wonder if they offer you alternative work during the year for those that have graduated, or if you just look elsewhere completely

Haha, honestly, I was thinking the same. That would be great.

First I need to get on this internship
Reply 62
Original post by ReeceM1
Does anybody know the earliest start date for the SDIP internships? I'm looking to apply for other opportunities which won't overlap.

Probably not much help for organising other work, but this year some of us started mid-end June and others were as late as August.
Just submitted my additional info after failing at VI for two fast streams. Anyone heard any info about SDIP? Do we have any idea of time frames or the next steps?
Original post by rsherbats
Just submitted my additional info after failing at VI for two fast streams. Anyone heard any info about SDIP? Do we have any idea of time frames or the next steps?

Probably January before you hear back with results of submitting additional info. Telelphone interviews not long after that. This was the pace last year.
Reply 65
... and now we wait
Well I know I I am not the only one then time to study for telephone interview good luck everyone
Original post by amanda.davisja
Well I know I I am not the only one then time to study for telephone interview good luck everyone

You've been invited to the telephone interview?
Reply 68
So upon checking my portal every 2-3 days I realised a mistake. I did the answers all in microsoft word with grammar perfectly fine until I copied and pasted into the template, now as I did I forgot to put a space between two words which meant internshipprogramme ended being written as one word. Can't stop thinking about it.

I just hope this error isn't too costly but the stiff competition means my chances are less.
Reply 69
Hi! Does anyone know how long after submitting the extra information and the results we have to wait?
Just submitted my extra info - now the wait begins to hear back!
Reply 71
Original post by stulfc
So upon checking my portal every 2-3 days I realised a mistake. I did the answers all in microsoft word with grammar perfectly fine until I copied and pasted into the template, now as I did I forgot to put a space between two words which meant internshipprogramme ended being written as one word. Can't stop thinking about it.

I just hope this error isn't too costly but the stiff competition means my chances are less.

ah I hear ya! I realised I had a grammatical errors in one of my responses as well 🤦 but stress can do nothing for us now! I doubt we'll hear anything back until after Xmas. Good luck everyone!!
Does anyone know what they mean by 'potential challenges' in the additional questions stage? Is it the tangible problems or do they mean challenges the same as goals? Pls Help >.<
Reply 73
assuming no one's heard back yet??
struggling on the same bit! Did you manage to work out what exactly they meant?

Original post by Cauliiflour
Does anyone know what they mean by 'potential challenges' in the additional questions stage? Is it the tangible problems or do they mean challenges the same as goals? Pls Help >.<
Reply 75
Original post by Candi19
assuming no one's heard back yet??

Nope

Tempted to ask Parity but feel I may aswell keep waiting.
I asked them today - they said we'll hear back in January
Reply 77
I got an email from them today, unfortunately I am unsuccessful so those who haven't heard back yet you could have gotten through!
Reply 78
oh sorry you didn't get through but at least you can focus on other opportunities now!! x
Reply 79
Original post by tseNI
I got an email from them today, unfortunately I am unsuccessful so those who haven't heard back yet you could have gotten through!

I am sorry to hear you didnt get through, if you don't mind answering, when did you submit the additonal questions?

Best wishes for other applications/internships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending