The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway, University of London applicants chat and FAQ 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iqqraxo
Admission offices will be closed over the weekend right?so no offers for us :frown:

i guess so but there isn't anything on their website that states this so you never know
fingers crossed
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by mishisweet
i guess so but there isn't anything on their website that states this so you never know
fingers crossed

I hope we do get offers over the weekend then!! ahh yes. Beat of luck to you :smile:
Original post by iqqraxo
I hope we do get offers over the weekend then!! ahh yes. Beat of luck to you :smile:

thank you i wish the best for you too
Original post by okurr123
Hi, just wondering whether the psychology MSci offers have been sent out yet ?

I’ve had one :smile:
Original post by iqqraxo

i got my offer today from RHUL
have you recived yours
I applied on ucas on Friday and have got a confirmation email from every uni except RHUL?
Original post by CPS23
I applied on ucas on Friday and have got a confirmation email from every uni except RHUL?

Dont worry i got my offer back today although i applied it on the 30th of November
Original post by mishisweet
i got my offer today from RHUL
have you recived yours

wow that's amazing!! congratulations and no I haven't heard back yet :frown:
Original post by iqqraxo
wow that's amazing!! congratulations and no I haven't heard back yet

Don't worry I am sure it will come soon
Original post by iqqraxo
wow that's amazing!! congratulations and no I haven't heard back yet :frown:

Hi iqqraxo,

We've recently received a large volume of applications, so it may take up to four weeks to receive notification of a decision from when your application has been submitted. Our Admissions team is continuing to process all applications and we appreciate your patience.

In the meantime, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Susana :smile:
hey,
Im wondering if most students live in the uni accomidation or do some rent local appartments, and overall what are the monthly accomodation expenses. I just want to know wether a casual local job could cover the expenses.
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi iqqraxo,

We've recently received a large volume of applications, so it may take up to four weeks to receive notification of a decision from when your application has been submitted. Our Admissions team is continuing to process all applications and we appreciate your patience.

In the meantime, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

I sent mine on the 3rd of December so it's a long wait I suppose. Thank you so much for letting me know though. I'll definitely ask any questions I have!
Just got an offer from Royal Holloway for biomedical science. Because of my outstanding application they have offered me an unconditional if I firm it. Over the moon right now :biggrin:
Original post by jadedlad
hey,
Im wondering if most students live in the uni accomidation or do some rent local appartments, and overall what are the monthly accomodation expenses. I just want to know wether a casual local job could cover the expenses.

Hi jadedlad,

Typically first year students tend to live in halls of residence and then move into the local area for their second and third years. When I was a student, I lived in Kingswood 2 for my first year and then my flatmates and I decided to move into a house together for our second and third years. This option was great because several of us had summer jobs or internships in the area and as house contracts are twelve months, we didn't have to worry about finding temporary accommodation for the summer.

The cost of living can vary depending on your needs and circumstances, so I would recommend thinking about your budget and how you would be able to cover the costs either through work, loans, scholarships, bursaries and/or private savings.

Have you visited the Royal Holloway campus before?

Original post by iqqraxo
Just got an offer from Royal Holloway for biomedical science. Because of my outstanding application they have offered me an unconditional if I firm it. Over the moon right now :biggrin:

Congratulations! :party:

Original post by DBU-3
Hiya,

Ive recently recived an offer for Economics and Mangement and was woundering about graduate prospects and employment statistics as I cant seem to find any reliable ones, is their any website that provides these for specific courses?

Thank you.

Hi DBU-3,

My apologies that it's taken a while to get this information for you.

After speaking with the department and our Careers and Employability Services team, I can confirm that 100% of the 2017 graduates of BSc Economics and Management were in graduate level work or study six months after graduating (DLHE). Additionally, those in further study did Finance related masters courses and the majority of those in work were in Consulting or Financial Services.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

(edited 5 years ago)
hi i was just wondering how long will it take for an offer to come for computer science
Original post by fathima_
hi i was just wondering how long will it take for an offer to come for computer science

It usually takes around two weeks. I got an offer back in 12 days. Beat of luck to you :smile:
Hi,

So I was just wondering what the uni would be looking for in terms of giving an unconditional offer if you firm the university. I’ve received a conditional offer, (which I am thrilled with,) but I just wanted to know out of curiosity what the difference is between a conditional and an unconditional if you firm.

Thanks!
Original post by katie091000
Hi,

So I was just wondering what the uni would be looking for in terms of giving an unconditional offer if you firm the university. I’ve received a conditional offer, (which I am thrilled with,) but I just wanted to know out of curiosity what the difference is between a conditional and an unconditional if you firm.

Thanks!

There's an academic excellence scheme royal holloway offers you can read more about it on their website. That is the difference between conditional and unconditional if firmed offer. Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending