The Student Room Group

RAF medical

I know you have a medical at the start of your application for the RAF, but you have another one at the pre recruit training course will they just do the same things as the first medical you did or is it more attention to detail this time?
I can't comment for the RAF and my experience is from army officer selection board but the medical was pretty simple. Post fitness tests, we had the standard cough and drop, some mobility tests and analysis of pressure areas like knees and hips for any underlying issues. This was 2008 and my memory of it is a touch hazy!
Original post by Anonymous
I know you have a medical at the start of your application for the RAF, but you have another one at the pre recruit training course will they just do the same things as the first medical you did or is it more attention to detail this time?

Hi

Where did you get the information that you have a medical at PRTC? You don't.

You'll have your medical at the start of the application process and that's it, you're then deemed fit for service.

You WILL have a further fitness test at PRTC, which is pass/fail. But that's to make sure you've maintained your fitness levels between your PJFT and Halton. You're not in the RAF until you start phase one, so it's important to maintain your fitness level.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 3
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Where did you get the information that you have a medical at PRTC? You don't.

Might be mixing it up with the first check up that's (used to, at least) done in the first couple of days; dentist, innoculations, etc?
Hi, do you know if you have to have a blood test in the medical test to be an raf pilot?
Original post by KokoTheKoala
Hi, do you know if you have to have a blood test in the medical test to be an raf pilot?

Hi

Yes, there is one when you go to OASC.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest