The Student Room Group

Once Upon A GCSE... [A GYG Blog!]

Hello and welcome to this cringey blog!

I'm AestheticEnergy, a fairly average Year 11 student; even though it's pretty much the end of 2018, it's about time I start a blog that ideally should've started in September...oh well!

I'm a 15 year old girl with dreams to chase and plans to make! My ultimate goal is to become an award-winning architect- I want to design structures that amaze the world and benefit everyone. That's my goal. And I'm going to track down my journey right here, on my cringey blog, "Once Upon A GCSE"

So what's with the strange blog title? Well, I'm not entirely into fairy tales but hopefully, my journey to the end of my GCSE's will be a happy ending!

Enough about that; let me give you an insight to who I am and what my grades are.

The subjects I take:

Spoiler

My Favourite Subject?

Spoiler

The grades I want for all subjects:

Spoiler

As this is only my first blog (EVER!) i'll keep it short, in case you get bored. But i'll try to update this as frequently as possible with stuff like my awesome study techniques, my work spaces, how i'm still alive after multiple failures and a bunch of other stuff!

Thank you, wonderful human, for stumbling upon my first blogpost. Please do it again soon lol ~

AestheticEnergy

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Best of luck!! :rave: Hope you get the grades you want :redface:
Original post by nyxnko_
Best of luck!! :rave: Hope you get the grades you want :redface:

Thank you!! ♥♥
Original post by AestheticEnergy

Spoiler

Your options are quite similar to mine, except I do combined science, and history instead of RS.
Hope you get the grades you want
good luck! how are you managing your art coursework? im literally d r o w n i n g

Hello and welcome to this cringey blog!

I'm AestheticEnergy, a fairly average Year 11 student; even though it's pretty much the end of 2018, it's about time I start a blog that ideally should've started in September...oh well!

I'm a 15 year old girl with dreams to chase and plans to make! My ultimate goal is to become an award-winning architect- I want to design structures that amaze the world and benefit everyone. That's my goal. And I'm going to track down my journey right here, on my cringey blog, "Once Upon A GCSE"

So what's with the strange blog title? Well, I'm not entirely into fairy tales but hopefully, my journey to the end of my GCSE's will be a happy ending!

Enough about that; let me give you an insight to who I am and what my grades are.

The subjects I take:

Spoiler

My Favourite Subject?

Spoiler

The grades I want for all subjects:

Spoiler

As this is only my first blog (EVER!) i'll keep it short, in case you get bored. But i'll try to update this as frequently as possible with stuff like my awesome study techniques, my work spaces, how i'm still alive after multiple failures and a bunch of other stuff!

Thank you, wonderful human, for stumbling upon my first blogpost. Please do it again soon lol ~

AestheticEnergy

OMGGGGG GOODLUCK GIRLLLLLLLL
i look forward to seeing more of your blogs as i am a Year 11 Student too. I find your blog so cringy but cute and its relateable af!! Hopefully you achieve your goals but always remember dont wish for it work for it that is my moto
Original post by mez_merising
good luck! how are you managing your art coursework? im literally d r o w n i n g

well art is kinda easy for me so i guess im going well with the course work and all. i hope u stay strong with it though! :smile:
Reply 7
Are you doing the A or B spec?
Original post by Tolgarda
Are you doing the A or B spec?

For which subject??
Reply 9
For which subject??

For religious studies. :smile: (Sorry, I'm not usually so vague.)
well art is kinda easy for me so i guess im going well with the course work and all. i hope u stay strong with it though! :smile:

ah good luck! wish I had the same kinda confidence as you haha
Original post by Tolgarda
For religious studies. :smile: (Sorry, I'm not usually so vague.)

oh i do Religious Studies A :tongue:

Thursday 6th December 2018
Me and My Procrastination

Hello there, wonderful reader! Welcome to my second blog post on 'Once Upon A GCSE', where I'll be sharing all my best and worst moments,my study and school life and other irrelevant yet rather interesting things!

This post is called 'Me and My Procrastination', which you may probably have guessed, I'll be talking about procrastination. We've all done it- all laid back at our decorated desks, notebook and laptop open, ready for the most productive revision session of all time...when you spot your phone. "Hmm let me scroll through Instagram for a few seconds...then I'll just open Snapchat for a bit...Oh, and the Student Room- I'll just check that too!" Procrastination is such an easy trap to step into. Heck, I'm procrastinating right now! But for those of us with Mocks and exams creeping closer and closer, we have to be cautious when preparing to study.

Here's some stuff that may help you (and even me) to avoid the temptation of procrastination!

Write a list in the morning of EVERYTHING you plan on doing for the next day/few days. This will keep you organised in the tasks you have to do for school/clubs/whatever.

Choose 5 things from your list and try to complete them before a certain time~ I tried doing this a couple of times and it really gets you focused! Set a target time for you to finish your 5 tasks, e.g at 2pm, try to have all those tasks done.

PUT. YOUR. PHONE. AWAY. ~ I know, many of us cannot live without our precious devices, but pretend you are in an exam; you must switch off your phone and keep it far far away from you. Keep it in the kitchen drawers while you study in your room!

Look at aesthetically pleasing desk pictures ~ Okay, this may not motivate everyone but what I tend to do when I see myself procrastinating, I go on Pinterest and search up Studyblr or something. Honestly, the pretty desks and notebooks really get me going to do some work.

Get it done before getting it perfect ~ I'm quite a perfectionist when it comes to homework and assignments. Expecting all your work to be absolutely flawless can bring along procrastination and just the general mood to start over or give up. Instead of this, get the work finished before making it look nice; you won't have to worry over incomplete work!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's all for today's post: I hope that these tips helped you overcome that temptation. It is hard, believe me, but I know us Procrastinators can do it! Am i right!? Yeah!? Yeah.

Now go do your homework! xD

AestheticEnergy

Agree with your tips :yep:
~Tuesday 11th December 2018 ~
~ Introducing the Boss Battle ~
Hi there, fellow humans- If you're still actually bothered to read these then God bless you. You wonderful person :biggrin:
Anyway, today's blog-post-thingy is about The Boss Battle.
Yup. We all have Boss Battles. Big ones, small ones, irrelevant ones, downright terrifying ones. Anxiety bubbles up inside you like a nasty soda or something and you can just hEAR the Boss Battle music rising with the tension... For those who may not be on the same page, I'm talking about difficulties and overcoming those obstacles that get in our way.
I've recently become clear to what my Boss Battle is going to be- OBVIOUSLY the GCSEs but more specifically, it's *drum roll* .....

Spoiler

I absolutely SUCK at Chemistry. I do Triple Science so it's kinda tricky but just because it may seem difficult doesn't mean I can't get a Grade 7 or above :biggrin: That's why I'm starting to think of a strategy of how to defeat this..this...vILLAIN. I may not be some plumber-hero, going through hell to save a princess of whatever, but I'm going to spread my optimism and say that I CAN get good grades- AWESOME grades in Chemistry if I try. And so can You!!!

So guys, we've all got to tackle these Boss Battles, especially the ones that 2019 will bring. In summary, I'm going to try and make a proper schedule that highly focuses on ALL my weaknesses, especially Chemistry! That's the post for today oof.

<> What are YOUR Boss Battles? And how are YOU going to kick their butts this year and 2019? <>
Thanks for reading! <3

~AestheticEnergy~
This is honestly so cute :gah:
I think my biggest boss battle will probably be my outlook on things :redface: I tend to be very negative about myself and I internalise a lot of things rather than speaking them out loud so next year, I'm hoping to try and be more optimistic and look on things more positively and maybe share myself with others more :yes:
Original post by nyxnko_
This is honestly so cute :gah:
I think my biggest boss battle will probably be my outlook on things :redface: I tend to be very negative about myself and I internalise a lot of things rather than speaking them out loud so next year, I'm hoping to try and be more optimistic and look on things more positively and maybe share myself with others more :yes:

ah thats such a confident approach to facing ur Boss Battle - good luck with it, u can do it!! :biggrin: :smile:
ah thats such a confident approach to facing ur Boss Battle - good luck with it, u can do it!! :biggrin: :smile:

is it? :lol: Thank you :hugs: and good luck with yours!
Saturday 29th December 2019
~ Farewell 2018 ~
Well, we're reaching the end of this exhausting year, bombarded with ups and downs. From my experience, I'd say, if we survived 2018, we can definitely take on 2019. These Christmas holidays weren't going to last long anyway, but it seems like the perfect time to set some goals for 2019.
The GCSEs are getting so close...I can almost taste them...and boy, they don't taste pleasant. So, in order to sweeten up out skills to battle these exams, I'm setting some goals. Yup, that's right- Princess Procrastinator, making a list of things to do and acheive. Before I share my scrappy little list, let me share what makes a good goal or aim.
Last term, my teachers recommended using a 'SMART' Goals Criteria, which you can tell, is a criteria made for setting efficient goals. I had tried using it and it honestly helps to pinpoint what you want to do exactly. It helps for long-term and short-term goals, more or less. So here is a version of the criteria I randomly found:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwihnrHwqMXfAhXyyYUKHVk-B5YQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newfoundbalance.com%2Fnew-year-new-goals%2F&psig=AOvVaw3mNF4tWFWXmltMjiupanVr&ust=1546182509946421

( Please excuse my awfull technical skills, heheh )
This criteria helps reduce the urge to procrastinate when attempting to reach those goals, so I'd recommend using it to :smile:
Now onto what MY goals are. It's actually still a rough idea, despite using the criteria, but here it goes:
My goals for 2019 are:

Spoiler

Thes are just a few rough ideas for what I wish to do next year- Personally, I love this period; getting ready to turn over a new leaf and start fresh in a New Year. Which also means getting fresh new stationery! hehehehh
That's all for today's blogpost- I should be updating again around New Year's Day!
~AestheticEnergy~
(edited 5 years ago)
Best of luck with your 2019 goals! :rave:
lol, gotta love SMART :yep:
And the image didn't work :sad: It's not that your technical skills are horrible, TSR's upload images thing is pretty bad itself so I would definitely recommend using Imgur and then putting the link for the image in between [noparse][/noparse] and that should upload the image :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending