The Student Room Group

Last week I lied to boyfriend about my whereabouts and whom I was with.

I screwed up, though, and now there's a 90% chance he's going to find out, when he talks to a certain someone tomorrow. I will of course deny it, but things aren't looking too good for me right now and I need a drink. 🙄 Or maybe I'm doing the wrong thing, and I should any avoid confrontation for the next 2-3 days? My friend thinks that would make things worse but idk anymore, my anxiety is too bad to think clearly right now, lol. Send prayers, I'm an atheist, but it's okay.

Scroll to see replies

Maybe just own up to it, without making a big deal out of it, if that makes sense. Just be like “remember when I went (insert place) with (insert name)...” and if he’s like “no” just say “well I did and....” and then continue your ‘story’ of what happened even if it’s something minor like you saw a cute dog
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Wooord
Maybe just own up to it, without making a big deal out of it, if that makes sense. Just be like “remember when I went (insert place) with (insert name)...” and if he’s like “no” just say “well I did and....” and then continue your ‘story’ of what happened even if it’s something minor like you saw a cute dog

He will try to make a big deal out of it, though, eh. Also, just fyi adding too many minor details is often a sign of lying so don't ever do that when you lie to people, lol.
well he can't find out if he is no longer with us.
Reply 4
Original post by I'mComingOxford

Lmao
Did you cheat on the guy or just lie about what you were doing? If you just lied then own up to it, I don't see why you have to lie about where you are and what you're doing to be honest.
Original post by Ciel.
Lmao

you're implying you cheated so lets say you did. do you feel bad? do you not feel satisfied with your current partner?

Oh my :rofl:
Just alternate between acting drunk, hyper and really excitable.
Make out you haven't slept for a while, leave the jeremy kyle show on really loud, then start verbally obsessing over social media and phone games.
No chance he'll believe that you are lying, more likely think you're off meds and sleep deprived with no idea who you are or where you've been.
Reply 9
Original post by Redmark
Did you cheat on the guy or just lie about what you were doing? If you just lied then own up to it, I don't see why you have to lie about where you are and what you're doing to be honest.

The answer is not really relevant here but he will assume that I did.

you're implying you cheated so lets say you did. do you feel bad? do you not feel satisfied with your current partner?

I'm implying nothing.... I don't feel bad.

Original post by londonmyst
Just alternate between acting drunk, hyper and really excitable.
Make out you haven't slept for a while, leave the jeremy kyle show on really loud, then start verbally obsessing over social media and phone games.
No chance he'll believe that you are lying, more likely think you're off meds and sleep deprived with no idea who you are or where you've been.

Lol, if you add depressed and take out the Jeremy Kyle bit, that's pretty much my normal state.
Original post by Ciel.
The answer is not really relevant here but he will assume that I did.

I'm implying nothing.... I don't feel bad.

Lol, if you add depressed and take out the Jeremy Kyle bit, that's pretty much my normal state.

If the answer isn't relevant then I don't see why you are asking.
Reply 11
Original post by Redmark
If the answer isn't relevant then I don't see why you are asking.

Oh, I meant the cheating bit, not the whole thing.
Original post by Ciel.

The way you worded it sounds like you cheated which is why I asked. Either way you just own up and tell the truth about what you did.
Original post by Ciel.
I screwed up, though, and now there's a 90% chance he's going to find out, when he talks to a certain someone tomorrow. I will of course deny it, but things aren't looking too good for me right now and I need a drink. 🙄 Or maybe I'm doing the wrong thing, and I should any avoid confrontation for the next 2-3 days? My friend thinks that would make things worse but idk anymore, my anxiety is too bad to think clearly right now, lol. Send prayers, I'm an atheist, but it's okay.

It's surprising me that you're concerned about having screwed up. You don't seem too fussed a bit doing wrong things in your relationship so how come this is bothering you enough to ask for advice? Please don't think I'm attacking you or anything I'm just wondering why you're concerned about this over other worse things.
Original post by Ciel.

Based on your previous threads I'll just assume you did cheat :P I'd end it with the guy, it seems like a FWB relationship suits you better.
Reply 15
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's surprising me that you're concerned about having screwed up. You don't seem too fussed a bit doing wrong things in your relationship so how come this is bothering you enough to ask for advice? Please don't think I'm attacking you or anything I'm just wondering why you're concerned about this over other worse things.

Usually I'm pretty good at keeping my private affairs private. I'm not in the mood to make up believable excuses when he confronts me about the whole thing. Like, imagine if he gets super mad, and asks me to **** off, just before Christmas too?
Reply 16
Original post by Redmark
Based on your previous threads I'll just assume you did cheat :P I'd end it with the guy, it seems like a FWB relationship suits you better.

It doesn't... An open relationship with actual relationship benefits would, but that's not an option.
Original post by Ciel.
Usually I'm pretty good at keeping my private affairs private. I'm not in the mood to make up believable excuses when he confronts me about the whole thing. Like, imagine if he gets super mad, and asks me to **** off, just before Christmas too?

Perhaps just be honest? Eventually you'll have to face up to the consequences of your actions and yeah it'll suck for you but ultimately that's what happens when you do wrong things.
Reply 18
Original post by DrawTheLine
Perhaps just be honest? Eventually you'll have to face up to the consequences of your actions and yeah it'll suck for you but ultimately that's what happens when you do wrong things.

God no, anything but that. Have some empathy woman, I have two children, where would I go. And yes, animals are children too.
Don't you frequently make threads about your own dishonesty and cheating?

I hope for your sake you are trolling, if not, getting dumped would be the best option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending