The Student Room Group

Jet2 Interview Process

Jet2logo-1.jpg
Jet2 is known for its friendly customer service and this is no different in their job interviews. Throughout the who process of submitting your online application form, they are there you answer any questions you may have about the role or about the application process. Jet2 is also known for looking after their staff with rewards, such as- private medical insurance, competitive pay and discount flights and holidays with Jet2 Holidays.

The application process varies depending on the role you have applied for, these are the different roles and there application process. If you are successful with any of the roles, which of course I hope you will be, you must be able to obtain an Airside Security Pass to work at the airport. In order to do this, you'll need to provide 5 full years' employment history and have an up to date Criminal Record Check completed for the UK and any other country you have lived in for over 6 months (in the last 5 years).

Examples of the different application processes are stated below-

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
PILOT APPLICATION PROCESS

When Jet2 received and reviewed your application, they will contact you to conduct a telephone screen and arrange for you to complete some online assessments. If you are successful at this stage, they will then invite you to one of their Pilot Recruitment assessment days.
The day would normally start with a short presentation about Jet2, followed by a group exercise and a face-to-face interview. The Pilot Recruitment Team will be on hand to chat with you and answer any questions you may have. After the assessment day, if you have been successful, they will arrange for a Simulator assessment. Once this has been completed successfully, they will let you know if they would like you on board.
Reply 2
CABIN CREW APPLICATION PROCESS

After receiving your online application and successfully passing your English test, they will invite you to undertake a telephone interview. If that goes well, they'll ask you to come along to an assessment day. As I said before, they aim to make the day as fun and relaxed as possible as it's important to make sure they get the best out of you.
The day will start with a quick height check, a short presentation about Jet2, which is then followed by you taking part in a couple of group exercises. If they spot that special spark in you, you'll be invited to stay on for a one-to-one interview. They will have Cabin Crew colleagues there to chat with you and answer any questions you have throughout the day. They will let you know as soon as they can after the assessment day whether they would like to welcome you on board.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
GROUND OPERATIONS APPLICATION PROCESS

Once they have received your online application, which includes verbal and numerical assessments and if they think you have the right experience, they'll invite you to a telephone interview. If you successfully fly through your telephone interview, you'll then be invited to attend one of their assessment days. They will also make sure this is close to the base (airport) for which you have applied. The assessment day will include a friendly presentation to tell you more about Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, as well as about the role you've applied for. You will then take part in a group exercise and a one to one competency based interview. This can take up to 4 hours in total, including registration. They'll have plenty of Ground Operations colleagues on hand to answer any questions you may have. They aim to make the day as fun and relaxed as possible as it's important to make sure they get the best out of you. If you're successful, which of course I hope you will be, they will be in touch regarding a start date and induction.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
RESORT REP AND CUSTOMER HELPERS APPLICATION PROCESS

Once Jet2 receive your online application and successfully passing your on-line verbal and numerical tests, they'll invite you to undertake a video interview, which if you pass, they will then invite you to complete a telephone interview with them. If successful at this stage, they'll invite you along to an assessment day. On the day, they will be assessing your ability to work successfully as part of a team and they will be keen to explore your previous work experience in a one-to-one interview. During your time with them, their Overseas Reps colleagues will be there to chat with you and answer any questions you have. They will try to keep things as relaxed as possible! They will then be in touch as soon as they can following your assessment day to let you know whether you have been successful.

If you have any questions, then please ask away, I will try my best to answer your questions, otherwise GOOD LUCK!
Reply 5
Hello, what sort of questions are asked in the telephone interview? Please be very specific
Thank you
Reply 6
Original post by Mary007
Hello, what sort of questions are asked in the telephone interview? Please be very specific
Thank you

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about the telephone interview, they just ask questions such as how far away you live from the airport you applied to work at, when could you start, a time when you showed good customer service and they will tell you a bit more about the role e.g. what is expected of you, the salary, then details of the selection day, etc. Very informal overall and are very supportive I found and keen to assist you. Hope this helps. What role are you thinking of applying for? :smile:
Have you got any examples of questions asked in the one to one interview please
Reply 8
Original post by Sammylou8484
Have you got any examples of questions asked in the one to one interview please

Most of the time, the interviews are 2 to 1 now, some questions were: Why do you want to work for us? What do you know about Jet2.com and the Dart Group (The company who own Jet2 ltd)? Give us an example of when you have received good and bad customer service. Why do you think you are suited for this role?

Hope this helps, these are all the questions that they asked me. But the questions will vary by interviewer and the role you have applied for :smile:
Thanks!!
Original post by Joshkav
RESORT REP AND CUSTOMER HELPERS APPLICATION PROCESS

Once Jet2 receive your online application and successfully passing your on-line verbal and numerical tests, they'll invite you to undertake a video interview, which if you pass, they will then invite you to complete a telephone interview with them. If successful at this stage, they'll invite you along to an assessment day. On the day, they will be assessing your ability to work successfully as part of a team and they will be keen to explore your previous work experience in a one-to-one interview. During your time with them, their Overseas Reps colleagues will be there to chat with you and answer any questions you have. They will try to keep things as relaxed as possible! They will then be in touch as soon as they can following your assessment day to let you know whether you have been successful.

If you have any questions, then please ask away, I will try my best to answer your questions, otherwise GOOD LUCK!

Hello can you tell me what the pass benchmark for the online assessment would be? Thanks
Original post by Mary007
Thank you
Reply 11
Hi, I don’t know unfortunately, but if it’s like any of the others I’ve experienced, then it may possibly be 75%. Hope this helps :smile:
Do you know roughly the turn around of doing the online tests to receiving a call for an interview? I’m fairly confident I passed both although it would be helpful if they told you your score at the end , I haven’t heard anything yet , it has only been 2 days .
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Hi, normally 3 days to 1 week after taking the tests you should get an email with details of your interview, may be a selection day or a telephone interview or both. I know from personal experience applying to the engineering department of jet2, that it was roughly 3/4 months later I got an email for an interview after taking the online tests. Also, as long as you complete ALL the questions, you usually get an interview. Hope this helps :smile:
Do you know how long you get the assessment after you’ve applied online?
Reply 15
If it's an online assessment it's usually straight after you apply. But if a practical assessment, then it could be a week or more after :smile:
Original post by Joshkav
If it's an online assessment it's usually straight after you apply. But if a practical assessment, then it could be a week or more after :smile:

I applied online and it just says Thankyou for your application please keep checking for your next part of the online assessment to do, but I applied 29th August!
Reply 17
I would say give it a week, then ring their recruitment number to enquire about it. They are slow sometimes when it comes to recruitment :smile:
Original post by Joshkav
I would say give it a week, then ring their recruitment number to enquire about it. They are slow sometimes when it comes to recruitment :smile:

Thankyou I will :smile:!
Reply 19
Does anyone know what the application process is like for people applying for head office roles? E.g what kind of competency based questions are asked etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending