The Student Room Group

How long for Pre-employment Checks with Civil Service

Scroll to see replies

I have recently started a role in the Office for National Statistics. I applied late July, i started last week (27th November!)
Reply 81
Just a quick update, got an email about 18:30 today
'Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed.
The vacancy holder will contact you shortly to agree a start date and/or discuss the next steps.' Phew finally :P Good Luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by frankiesmith
I have recently started a role in the Office for National Statistics. I applied late July, i started last week (27th November!)

For the Civil Service, that's actually quite quick!
Reply 83
Update: Received an email today 15:00 with a formal offer (leeds) and I'm starting on the 14th of Jan :smile: good luck guys :smile:
Original post by Ehty
Update: Received an email today 15:00 with a formal offer (leeds) and I'm starting on the 14th of Jan :smile: good luck guys :smile:
Did you apply for EO role? I received provisional offer for EO in Leeds yesterday 😊 and is your working pattern 5 out of 7?
Reply 85
Original post by Kar123Kar
Did you apply for EO role? I received provisional offer for EO in Leeds yesterday 😊 and is your working pattern 5 out of 7?

Yep EO and it is 5 out of 7 , congrats on getting a provisional offer :smile:
Reply 86
Hey everyone. Sorry to start this thread back up. I interviewed last week for the Civil Service and was just wondering what the turnaround time from Interview to feedback/decision was for everyone?
Original post by MttyCSS
Hey everyone. Sorry to start this thread back up. I interviewed last week for the Civil Service and was just wondering what the turnaround time from Interview to feedback/decision was for everyone?

It took 4 weeks to the day for me to get an offer after interview.

I have a question regarding the checks. I recently received a provisional offer with a start date (I was asked on the phone to choose between one of two dates) and it's only 3 weeks away. Is there any way they'll actually be able to fulfill this? I ask because I am coming from abroad so it's not just hopping on a train!

Additionally, it says if I have lived abroad for more than six months in the last five years, I need to provide criminal background checks of that. I did a study abroad year during my undergraduate and I don't even know where to start on getting documents in that regard. Has anyone got any experience of applying for background checks from abroad? In practice is it sought out?
You need to contact the embassy (check for information on their website), or if you can the police/tribunal in the country you studied abroad, to request a police check form.https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/international_criminal_record_checks_directory.xls
Original post by Woodbine1738
it's only 3 weeks away. Is there any way they'll actually be able to fulfill this?

If you haven't passed (or started the process of applying for) BPSS yet, and it's 3 weeks away, there's absolutely no way you'll make that date especially if you have to get a criminal record statement from a foreign country.
Hey everyone. My pre-employment checks have come back as successfully completed and I've agreed a start date with the HR rep, so just awaiting my employment contract. HR says it could take a few weeks until I have the employment contract - is this normal and how long did this take for you? Thanks all!
Anyone?
Reply 92
Original post by robertoalf
Hey everyone. My pre-employment checks have come back as successfully completed and I've agreed a start date with the HR rep, so just awaiting my employment contract. HR says it could take a few weeks until I have the employment contract - is this normal and how long did this take for you? Thanks all!

Not going to be what you want to hear, but most of the people I worked with last year started pre employment contract, with my boss having been there for 3 years without one! They’re not fast by any means
Original post by pollyb42
Initially, last employer within 3 years and then 1 character. But then received email week or so after asking for two character. I contacted them today as thought my 20 days up tomorrow but said they are waiting for heath check and DBS (although I already had one and supplied number). She said they are both dealt with with outside agencies so out of their control. I'm so eager to know as the job requires me to move and rent and viewed a lovely property I want to secure!

I've received a conditional job offer from the HMRC.
The form asks for "my employer referee" and permission to contact them. Should that be my current employer or could that be my previous employer (within three years)?
Hey everyone, sorry to bring this thread up again. I have a provisional offer with the civil service, and last week heard from the NSV company that my SC was granted, but my portal on the civil service website hasn't been updated yet (It's been around 10 days since the SC was completed but still says checking security clearance).

Does any remember how long it took for the portal to update, and then how long it took for the CS to contact you with a formal offer/start date? Thanks.
Original post by AaronL23
Hey everyone, sorry to bring this thread up again. I have a provisional offer with the civil service, and last week heard from the NSV company that my SC was granted, but my portal on the civil service website hasn't been updated yet (It's been around 10 days since the SC was completed but still says checking security clearance).

Does any remember how long it took for the portal to update, and then how long it took for the CS to contact you with a formal offer/start date? Thanks.

Hi ... I just wanted to ask if you got feedback. My pre employment check started on the 27th May and I still haven't heard anything yet ... is that too soon or do you reckon it will take a bit longer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending