The Student Room Group

Do I have to be slim to feel pretty?

Insta places a massive role in my emotions ahhhh
Original post by nabilahhh

tell me about it honey

ya boy needs 6pak abs bt here i am scoffing down a packet of sweet thai sensation crisps

i'm sure youre beautiful
Do you have to? No. Should you? No.

Do you? You tell me.
Reply 3
Original post by obstruct
tell me about it honey

ya boy needs 6pak abs bt here i am scoffing down a packet of sweet thai sensation crisps

i'm sure youre beautiful

Relatable 😂😂
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
Do you have to? No. Should you? No.

Do you? You tell me.

I don’t know. I know I should be happy with the way god created me but I just not confident enough. I overthink everything; Sadly.
Reply 5
tell me about it honey

i'm sure youre beautiful

I mean I have a spectacular 6-pack, but I'm just protecting it with quite a lot of protection - 17 stone of fat to be precise!
tell me about it honey

i'm sure youre beautiful

sweet thai sensation crisps > abs
Original post by FloralHybrid
sweet thai sensation crisps > abs

AGREED
my corner shop bought loads of them n theyre not selling so he selling 2 large packs for £1!!!!!!!
safe to say im set for xmas x
No, you can feel good in any body. Whether you LOOK pretty depends on who is viewing you. Some people like curvy, some like slim.

I like my girls to have a bit of meat on them. Slim girls are not bad but if she has zero bum/boobs then it’s like meh. What is your inta? So I can give you a more in depth opinion. 😉
Reply 10
Original post by ellie0497
No, you can feel good in any body. Whether you LOOK pretty depends on who is viewing you. Some people like curvy, some like slim.

And both are equally as beautiful... especially in my eyes.
Original post by MrMarks
And both are equally as beautiful... especially in my eyes.

I wish i was curvier, instagram is indeed not too good for confidence haha
nah. im a size 12/14, got curves and im HOT AF
Reply 13
Original post by UniGrad23
I like my girls to have a bit of meat on them. Slim girls are not bad but if she has zero bum/boobs then it’s like meh. What is your inta? So I can give you a more in depth opinion. 😉

I only use insta to pree so I don’t really post.
Reply 14
Original post by ellie0497
I wish i was curvier, instagram is indeed not too good for confidence haha

Thats exactly why I removed myself from all social media! It was effecting my mental health seeing all these "Happy" people out there. Showing off their "beautiful features", in their "amazing, happy relationships". Could just no longer deal with it - making me self consious!

Stop using Instagram. It's not good to compare yourself to these photos, a lot of which are probably facetuned/shopped or of someone who got cosmetic surgery (even the fitness ones it ).
Reply 16
No you ****ing dont have to. As a male one thing that really pisses me off is when, i hear my friends keep on going on about how fat some girls are when they are'nt. There just thick. thick>>>>>>>>>>>>skinny. I prefer bigger girls
You just have to be yourself.
No u definetly do not need to be slim just to be pretty

The world is far too opinionated as well and that is the problem, the media also play a big part in this.

I dont use instagram at all and tbh i am glad I dont.

Quick Reply

Latest