The Student Room Group

Why is santa running across my bloody screen?

Santa on the loose

Spoiler

there goes the little b*stard again :rofl2:

if I click do I win sommat

@Gothic Kitten @Father Christmas :holmes:
Reply 2
I was wondering about that before. I clicked it last night, hoping to be able to get rid of it (so far, it hasn't reappeared yet). and it came up with some congratulatory horseshit about catching Santa and winning a £10 Amazon voucher.

This is just another way that TSR are spamming us with utter crap, in the hopes of making us engage with them. There should be a way of opting out. Likewise, there should be ways of opting out of the "HaVe YoU aPpLiEd To UnIvErSiTy YeT?!/1?!?1?1?!?!11" *******s that comes round every year.

Can't we just have an "I am an adult" checkbox in our settings that makes all that stuff bypass us?
My screen isn't bloody
What did u do?:erm:
Original post by Tootles
I was wondering about that before. I clicked it last night, hoping to be able to get rid of it (so far, it hasn't reappeared yet). and it came up with some congratulatory horseshit about catching Santa and winning a £10 Amazon voucher.

This is just another way that TSR are spamming us with utter crap, in the hopes of making us engage with them. There should be a way of opting out. Likewise, there should be ways of opting out of the "HaVe YoU aPpLiEd To UnIvErSiTy YeT?!/1?!?1?1?!?!11" *******s that comes round every year.

Can't we just have an "I am an adult" checkbox in our settings that makes all that stuff bypass us?

It's a student room. What did you expect?:indiff: Asking about University comes with the territory.
Better hope he doesnt run into the browser history...
Reply 7
Said I won a £10 amazon voucher than an error message pops up saying something’s gone haywire!! Not fair , any way I can still get my £10 amazon voucher?
Reply 8
Original post by Hkaaaan
Said I won a £10 amazon voucher than an error message pops up saying something’s gone haywire!! Not fair , any way I can still get my £10 amazon voucher?

No, you just had the chance of winning £10 by entering a prize draw.

If you didn't enter correctly this time I am 100% certain @Father Christmas will be back running along your screen again before long.

:santa2:
My adblock killed the running_santa.gif although I admit it took a couple of attempts of right-clicking on the little prick before it went off.
Original post by Tootles

Original post by Hkaaaan

Hmmmm... have you seen me running across your screen again yet? Hopefully I'm working now!

Original post by Notoriety
My adblock killed the running_santa.gif although I admit it took a couple of attempts of right-clicking on the little prick before it went off.

(Although people who call Santa names might find themselves on the naughty list... :tongue:)
Original post by Father Christmas
*snip*
Reported - this is the help and announcements forum, not the chat forum, and this response is not constructive or helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending