The Student Room Group

How to do shots without vomiting?

I used to be able to do shots like it was nobody’s business. But now shots of vodka/tequila make me vomit instantly. I don’t even have to be drunk, it’s just an immediate reaction. I haven’t been DRUNK drunk in probably a solid year because sometimes even taking a big gulp of my drink (usually vodka mixed with lemonade or something) can send me to the toilet. Eating more/less beforehand doesn’t stop it. I’m just trying to find a way to get DRUNK yknow? Cheers x
Maybe stay away from shots , it sounds like the vodka and mixer combo isn’t working for you. You don’t have to drink the hard spirits, there’s wine, Prosecco , cider , beers ... you need to just find what works for you and drink responsibly of course !
Yeah I can get that as well, as you say it's nothing to do with how much you've drank, your guts just immediately reject it. It might be a bit more complicated than just whether you've ate that day and be a more long term stomach/system health thing

For me whiskey & tequilla are my bad ones, on a good day I can happily enjoy a few, the less petrol-like the better, but sometimes a single slug will trigger a near immediate reaction.
Find a shot that you actually enjoy drinking, rather than god-awful stuff like tequila.
Have you considered not getting drunk? If you vomit, that's your body saying ''Don't ingest that stuff, it's damaging me, I had to get rid of it.''
If something makes you puke, perhaps it’s wise to not have said thing.
chasers (water or a soft drink between each or after several)

everyone else just gets used to it. OR they fight thru it with bravado that winds em up throwing up later with liver disease :h:

I personally dont do party shots. I just drink like a man nowadays/beer pints over food or hard liquour in my juice or fizzy.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
You have worn down your system's resistance to that particular combo. Try something else or give it a break to recover.
Reply 8
Original post by Bang Outta Order
chasers (water or a soft drink between each or after several)

everyone else just gets used to it. OR they fight thru it with bravado that winds em up throwing up later with liver disease :h:

I personally dont do party shots. I just drink like a man nowadays/beer pints over food or hard liquour in my juice or fizzy.

Or in your face... if he keeps vomiting.
Students recommending people don't drink, I've seen it all now.

Best to eat a fair meal first, and consume a bit of milk. That will help your stomach being overwhelmed by the alcohol. Of course most of it may end up coming out your nose or mouth at some point but heck, this is a survival situation we are discussing.

Do NOT drink shots of beer or lager. You have been warned. And no, port and cheese consumed all night do NOT cancel each other out.
Original post by Anonymous
I used to be able to do shots like it was nobody’s business. But now shots of vodka/tequila make me vomit instantly. I don’t even have to be drunk, it’s just an immediate reaction. I haven’t been DRUNK drunk in probably a solid year because sometimes even taking a big gulp of my drink (usually vodka mixed with lemonade or something) can send me to the toilet. Eating more/less beforehand doesn’t stop it. I’m just trying to find a way to get DRUNK yknow? Cheers x
It sounds like it's not the alcohol that's doing it, but the fact that you're drinking it as shots.

The simple answer is to grow up and stop drinking shots. Shots are for children who just want to get wasted. Drink what you like, but taste it and enjoy it.
Some amount of vitriol and judgement towards shots here :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest