The Student Room Group

PwC 2019 Career Focus Day

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saifrulz08
Congratulations! Well done. I applied for tax and just did my AC. I asked if this was the last stage and they said yes, they also said I'd hear back in 5-10 working days but due to Christmas it would be sooner hopefully

Good luck! You should definitely hear back by next week I think.
Thanks! One question I forgot to ask them that maybe you know the answer to is, do you know if the offer they have made you is conditional to you getting the UCAS points required? Or is the job 100% secured?
Thanks
Reply 42
Congratulations! Well done. I applied for tax and just did my AC. I asked if this was the last stage and they said yes, they also said I'd hear back in 5-10 working days but due to Christmas it would be sooner hopefully

Yo! That's great! Well done for actually getting through the AC. Getting through it is an achievement in itself! Hopefully you get the job!

Also, I was just curious, did they ask you any questions related to the role you applied for (tax)? I've applied for a summer internship in Corporate Tax and I was just curious as to whether or not they will ask me questions about my role in the AC.

Also, what did the day entail for you? Did anything in particular trip you over? Also, do you have any tips you could give me in general to prepare better? Thank you for your help!

I have applied for Tax too and I have my AC in January! Can you share any tips as to what the last stage might include? Also, what was the day actually like?
Check your PM's guys

Hey congrats on completely your AC. I hope you get your offer soon. I have mine for tax in January and its my first AC ever. Whether i get to stay in the UK depends entirely on this AC. Could you give me some pointers and tips for the AC? I would really appreciate it.
Do you need a good level of commerical awareness for the tasks? Also, what kind of questions were asked during the interview?
Hi guys thanks for the info. I have my Career Focus day at the end of the month in Belfast and was wondering if anyone knew if this would be different to the mainland UK ones? Also, is there any sort of formal interview during the day and any other tips? Thanks
Original post by sarcymate
I have applied for Tax too and I have my AC in January! Can you share any tips as to what the last stage might include? Also, what was the day actually like?

Hey! I have mine tomorrow and was wondering if you've had your yet? If so, I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer! This is my 2nd AC ever and seems very, VERY different to normal AC's.
Reply 49
Original post by sarcymate

Hi! I have my AC next week! How about your AC? It's my first interview and I have no idea how to prepare it.:frown:

Could you please give me some advises? Thank you so much!
Hey guys, just wanted to update you all! I got the apprenticeship in the end! It is a 2 year contract then you can extend it to do Level 6/7. It is an apprenticeship in Corporate Tax.
Original post by Jia0703
Hi! I have my AC next week! How about your AC? It's my first interview and I have no idea how to prepare it.:frown:

Could you please give me some advises? Thank you so much!

Hey! I have just sent you a message :smile:
Hey all, i have my first ever assessment day in 2 weeks and just wondering when we get our phone call about what happens on the day? Or is there anyone who has done one and has some info on what it will entail, i applied for tax if that makes any difference
Reply 53
Original post by Narlenten
Hey all, i have my first ever assessment day in 2 weeks and just wondering when we get our phone call about what happens on the day? Or is there anyone who has done one and has some info on what it will entail, i applied for tax if that makes any difference

Hey! Do you have your AC in London?
Original post by Tam31
Hey! Do you have your AC in London?

I have mine in Birmingham
Reply 55
Hey how did you guys fair on your VI?
I have my assessment centre on monday for Assurance, has anybody got some tips about the day? and what sort of written exercise it will be?
Reply 57
Hey Guys, I have my AC for Corporate Tax and was wondering what you need to know for the day, it's my first big 4 interview and I'm quite nervous, I'd appreciate any advice!
Reply 58
(Original post by EloiseRimmer)There us verry little you can do to prepare for the career focus day to be honest. I would recommend you look up PWC's global acumen and attriubutes as this is basically what they use as a mark scheme. The one on one at the end of the day is a reflective conversation about how you felt the day went, not really an interview. You get given a lot of information for all of the exercises so be prepared to read a lot and in some of the group exercises perhaps suggest splitting the reading.

Hey, I have mine tomorrow ive just gone over their values but do yu need to know much about the economy and commercial awareness??
Does anyone have their career focus day on Feb 28th in London for the Women in Business programme? If so, hmu. Let's connect!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending