The Student Room Group

Ultimate GCSE mocks results thread!

Scroll to see replies

Also, I’m quite worried because in school we’ve only finished the spec for Chemistry that’s it. Most of my teachers say it’s likely that the others will finish just before Easter but I think that’s wayyy too late. Who else’s school is like that? ^-^
Original post by jadarose
9 - French
8 - Chem, Physics, Bio, English Lang
7 - English Lit
6 - History, Music

I’m happy with my results except Music (bc I didn’t actually revise for history lolol). If anyone has any tips for edexcel music pls help!

They’re really good, well done!
Also, I’m quite worried because in school we’ve only finished the spec for Chemistry that’s it. Most of my teachers say it’s likely that the others will finish just before Easter but I think that’s wayyy too late. Who else’s school is like that? ^-^

We haven’t finished for anything except maths and English language so I wouldn’t worry about it too much :smile:
Original post by Reviser101
These are so good!! Congratulations!! I'm in year 11 too and I just wanted to ask how you revise for your sciences. For my mocks I got 7 (bio) and a 6 for both physics and chem.

everyone keeps asking me this, and im just like i legit just revised the morning before the exam. i just crammed (or well tried to cram) 3 years of each science into 3 hours lmao. i think the best way to revise last minute is get a past paper, and revise the content while doing the paper.
it doesnt have to be in properly timed conditions, i didnt even write anything down, i just had an answer in my head, but writing down stuff does help some people remmeber better.
if you get on to a question and find you dont particularly know that topic, revise the whole topic and do practice qs on it before moving on. if you have more time, watching stuff like freesciencelessons also helps a lot, and looking through any notes you might have made might aid your understanding of the topic.
practice your weaker areas of exam qs too. for example, if you know you struggle on 6 markers or practical based qs, make sure you practice them.
use flashcards for stuff like formulas, particularly in physics, and for facts you gotta know, if flashcards help you.
tbh i actually did the worst in bio (i just scraped a 9), but i was only expected an 8 in chem (i mostly got 6s and a 7 like once last year), so you can definitely get the grades you want by may, but congrats on your results, and i wish the best of luck in revising! :smile:
Original post by NetNeutrality
i got:
art - 5
food tech - 7 (2 marks off an 8)
french - 7/8 (we got separate grades for listening/reading
maths - 8
history - 8
bio - 9
chem - 9
physics - 9

havent got eng lit or comp sci back yet

Awesome! Massive well2# dones especially for the sciences!
Original post by Boi_Up
I got:
English Language - 8
English Literature - 7
Mathematics - 7
Physics - 8
Chemistry - 7
Biology - 8
Art - 8
History - 6 :s-smilie:
Urdu - 9
Computer Science - 9

Spoiler

You have plenty of time if you’re not happy with your history mark :smile: you did amazingly!
Original post by mez_merising
ah so i ended up with
9s in eng lit, lang and history
8s in german, art, drama, bio and chem
7s in maths, physics and latin

smh yes i did cry about the 7 in maths...

:hugs: omg you did awesome mez! Still plenty of time for maths :h:
Original post by laurawatt

You have plenty of time if you’re not happy with your history mark :smile: you did amazingly!

thank you! :smile:

a lot of our teachers are saying were not gonna finish the content until the last lesson before the real thing, which is scaring all of us lol
Very proud of myself, I didn't take the mocks too seriously and didn't expect to do very well but:

Edexcel English Lang - 7
Edexcel English Lit - 7
Edexcel Maths - 8
AQA Combined Science - 8-8
AQA Drama - 9
Eduqas Computer Science - 9
AQA Spanish - 8

I was proven wrong.
( note: I also take photography but we didn't have a mock due to there not being a written paper in my exam board. )
Original post by Schmoseph
Very proud of myself, I didn't take the mocks too seriously and didn't expect to do very well but:

Edexcel English Lang - 7
Edexcel English Lit - 7
Edexcel Maths - 8
AQA Drama - 9
AQA Spanish - 8

I was proven wrong.
( note: I also take photography but we didn't have a mock due to there not being a written paper in my exam board. )

That’s really good, well done!
Reply 49

Thank you very much. :smile:
Reply 50
Not many people do GCSE Art?
Original post by Song Quan
My result would come out on January - this mirrors the real exam that you would get your result back on August. So I'm still waiting for my PPE's result. At least I don't have to be scold/punished at during the Christmas holidays if my PPE's result came out before Christmas holidays.

BTW I'm from an Asian family, so I'm quite pressured to do well, and I think I screwed up in Chemistry, biology and Sociology, which means punishment if I did bad.

Good luck! I hope you did okay in your PPE and that your parents can see your hard work :yep:

Original post by Incarcarus
Mocks in January :frown:

Good luck! :rave:
9 - French
8 - Chem, Physics, Bio, English Lang
7 - English Lit
6 - History, Music

I’m happy with my results except Music (bc I didn’t actually revise for history lolol). If anyone has any tips for edexcel music pls help!

Wow! Well done :biggrin:
Haha snap with the Edexcel music :lol: just know what the words mean eg. Melody, harmony, tonality and words that fit those categories for each set work :smile:
Original post by Boi_Up
Not many people do GCSE Art?

i do but i screwed up on the coursework. wish i could drop it now, but its too late

We’re finishing most of our courses around February half term/Easter So I’m in the same boat as you :smile:
Original post by Schmoseph

Edexcel English Lang - 7
Edexcel English Lit - 7
Edexcel Maths - 8
AQA Drama - 9
AQA Spanish - 8

I was proven wrong.

Huge well done (especially as you didn’t take them too seriously) although don’t count on winging it for the actual exam! :tongue:
Original post by Fsm1
Hi i got my mock results today and i got:

English language: 8
English literature: 6+ (2 marks off a 7)
French: 7
Geography: 8
Maths: 6+ (1 mark off a 7)
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 9
Health & Social written exam : Distinction

well done!!
omg those grades are fab laura well done!!!

getting mine back january because im halfway through them. physics tomorrow hah!
Original post by Fsm1
Hi i got my mock results today and i got:

English language: 8
English literature: 6+ (2 marks off a 7)
French: 7
Geography: 8
Maths: 6+ (1 mark off a 7)
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 9
Health & Social written exam : Distinction

you smart! :eek: :smile:
Original post by I'mComingOxford
omg those grades are fab laura well done!!!

getting mine back january because im halfway through them. physics tomorrow hah!

good luck! I bet you're smashing them :rave:
good luck! I bet you're smashing them :rave:

failing maths, business, re and dt. no smashing for mocks, but maybe n the gcse's :sunglasses:
I got:
English Lit- 9
English Lang- 8
Chem- 9
Bio- 9
Phys- 9
Spanish- 9
History- 8 (1 mark off a 9 :frown:)
RE- 8
Dance- 9
Maths- 8
Further Maths- A^
Really pleased!! I made a big improvement from yr 10 mocks (got 6/7s) so I'm pleased that my work payed off :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest