The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

How Long does it take Southampton to respond

Hi! My Application was sent off to UCAS on Friday and I’ve had offers from Keele and Plymouth to study geology so far.
Southampton is my top choice and I’d love to get an offer, I’m just wondering how long it’ll take them to respond
I’ve been predicted ABC and I’m doing an EPQ

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Revengrrs
Hi! My Application was sent off to UCAS on Friday and I’ve had offers from Keele and Plymouth to study geology so far.
Southampton is my top choice and I’d love to get an offer, I’m just wondering how long it’ll take them to respond
I’ve been predicted ABC and I’m doing an EPQ

Still waiting and applied on 09/11
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by anastasiach0210
Still waiting and applied on 09/11

Oof good luck, you should definitely get an offer soon then, what have you applied for ?
Original post by Revengrrs
Oof good luck, you should definitely get an offer soon then, what have you applied for ?

Thank you :smile: I applied for Mathematics with Statistics for Finance. Wbu?
Applied on 3/11/18 and got an offer on 14/11/18 for Mathematics with Actuarial science.

Hope this helps!
Original post by Redslayed
Applied on 3/11/18 and got an offer on 14/11/18 for Mathematics with Actuarial science.

Hope this helps!

For real? I think you are one of the few that got an offer. From what I have heard, there have been a lot of rejections so far !
For real? I think you are one of the few that got an offer. From what I have heard, there have been a lot of rejections so far !

Yeah, Southampton was my final offer, out of all my applications; Southampton took the longest and was (probably the hardest).
I switched my sixth forms land yard for theirs, i guess they saw me wearing their merch and decided to give me an offer. Jokes aside :colondollar:
I went to the opening day and loved the atmosphere and the mathematics department, therefore i'm making Southampton my firm.

Good luck with your application, hope to see you at the applicant day!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
According to the website, it should take 2 to 6 weeks
Reply 8
Seems it's quicker if you go on the visit days. Took them more than 2 months to send an offer for physics even though there was no way it would've been a rejection.
Reply 9
Thank you :smile: I applied for Mathematics with Statistics for Finance. Wbu?

Geology. I’m still waiting :/
Reply 10
Original post by Redslayed

Hope this helps!

Congrats on the offer !!!
Reply 11
Original post by Routeri

Okay that means I shouldn’t get anything until at least Friday. That calms me a little bit
I applied for History and got an offer in exactly two weeks.
Original post by Routeri

6 weeks are over for me on this Friday. Does that mean I’ll be getting an answer soon?!!!
6 weeks are over for me on this Friday. Does that mean I’ll be getting an answer soon?!!!

Hopefully... if they stick by what they promised on the website
Original post by Routeri
Hopefully... if they stick by what they promised on the website

Are you a UK Student? I’m an international one and I have never been to Southampton
Are you a UK Student? I’m an international one and I have never been to Southampton

I am a UK Student and have also never been there
I applied for biomedical sciences, got my acknowledgment email on the 6/12/18 and got a conditional offer of AAB on the 18/12/18
Reply 18
I got an offer today !!! They’ve offered me ABB and haven’t taken my EPQ into consideration which is surprising :/ but I’m over the moon they Accepted me
Ask Arsenal's defence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending