The Student Room Group

RSM Graduate Video Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by bailey412
Hi everyone, I attended an assessment day for the audit graduate scheme last week and received my job offer today :smile: I would be happy to answer any questions about it as the process has changed significantly compared to recent years!

Well done on the offer! I got one too! Which location will you be working at and when are you starting? :smile:
Original post by vvvy96
i have been waiting close to 2 weeks after completing the situational tests, does this mean i will most likely get a video interview invite? or has anyone received rejection almost immediately after completing those? x
Don't worry I did my situational test almost 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten a video interview invite yet.I did call RSM up on Monday and they said that theres something wrong with the system and their getting it sorted!I also received an email two days ago which stated that they will get back to me soon as theres a high volume of applicants! I think at this point, No news is good news!
I've been told that I've passed the video interview stage of for the RSM graduate scheme; does anyone have an idea how long it may take to hear back about an assessment centre? Thanks!
Original post by ferrety_boy
I've been told that I've passed the video interview stage of for the RSM graduate scheme; does anyone have an idea how long it may take to hear back about an assessment centre? Thanks!

I have been waiting around a month lol...
Has anyone done the RSM online tests and received feedback yet?

I completed my tests almost 3 weeks ago!
i have got feedback and have an ac next week
To people waiting, I heard back from my application after being told I successfuly passed the vidoe interview stage for internal audit in London and was told that they had reached capacity for their london internal audit intakes, both for January and August so I was given a list of regional offices.
Original post by vvvy96
Ive received feedback almost immediately after completing the tests but however not heard back regarding the next stage and also been waiting close to 3 weeks... May i know which role/office you applied for? Ive received an email couple of days ago saying ive passed those tests but the vacancy is full for london audit and ask if i want to transfer to another office/role. I guess thats the reason why they arent sending out video interview invites to us yet..(Original post by sarah_145)Has anyone done the RSM online tests and received feedback yet?

I completed my tests almost 3 weeks ago!

Thanks for your message! yes I got my feedback after completing the test, but hae not heard back regarding the next stage and whether I have passed the tests!

I applied for Fraud Risk Consulting!

Are you planning to transfer to another office/role?
Original post by vvvy96
Is your location in London too? Yeah probably might, not sure how long more i have to wait for london despite passing the online tests... the capacity is full i guess so no point! did you not get an email on this though?

Yes i applied for the London office for Fraud.

Nah, I didn't get an email, saying it was full! So i'm hoping the Fraud department isn't full capacity yet! :/
Tried calling them 2-3 times today but no one (grad team) was in the office! :/
Original post by tiwala96
I have been waiting around a month lol...

You still waiting? It's coming up to 2 months for me now! I emailed them and they confirmed AC definitely isn't going to be until the new year at least. Pure madness
Original post by VanillaRadio91
You still waiting? It's coming up to 2 months for me now! I emailed them and they confirmed AC definitely isn't going to be until the new year at least. Pure madness

They told me that London internal audit was full so they gave me a list of other locations
Hi Guys,

So I applied for Fraud Risk, but apparently I think london office is full, so I've been given advice to choose a different role and location!

I've chosen the Internal Audit (Reading Office) as a second choice and have just been invited to the interview!

Does anyone have any tips on how to ace this or what the format is like?

- Is it more case study questions or behavioural questions?
- How much time do you get to prep for each question?
- How much time do you have to answer each question?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by sarah_145
Hi Guys,

So I applied for Fraud Risk, but apparently I think london office is full, so I've been given advice to choose a different role and location!

I've chosen the Internal Audit (Reading Office) as a second choice and have just been invited to the interview!

Does anyone have any tips on how to ace this or what the format is like?

- Is it more case study questions or behavioural questions?
- How much time do you get to prep for each question?
- How much time do you have to answer each question?

Thank you! :smile:

Are you wondering about the video interview or the AC?
Original post by gemmax4
Are you wondering about the video interview or the AC?

The video interview!

Have you sat for it? Would you be able to give me an idea on what the format is like? :smile:
The video interview!

Have you sat for it? Would you be able to give me an idea on what the format is like? :smile:

The video interview consisted of 4 or 5 questions, can’t remember them as I sat it over a month ago but they all focused on strength based answers rather than competency based. They give you scenarios and ask how you would respond if you were the person dealing with it for all of the questions, except the first one which asked what I liked to do in my spare time. Hope this helps and good luck with it:smile:
Original post by bailey412
The video interview consisted of 4 or 5 questions, can’t remember them as I sat it over a month ago but they all focused on strength based answers rather than competency based. They give you scenarios and ask how you would respond if you were the person dealing with it for all of the questions, except the first one which asked what I liked to do in my spare time. Hope this helps and good luck with it:smile:

Ah thank you so much! :smile:

And good luck! What did you apply for? :smile:

Also, were there any numerical questions or case studies in the interview?
And how long did you get to prepare for each question and how long do you get to speak for each question? :smile:

Were you able to record your answers more than once?
Ah thank you so much! :smile:

And good luck! What did you apply for? :smile:

Also, were there any numerical questions or case studies in the interview?
And how long did you get to prepare for each question and how long do you get to speak for each question? :smile:

Were you able to record your answers more than once?

I applied for external auditing. There were no calculations required in the interview, and honestly I can't remember if there were any case studies. I know they gave a couple of mini scenarios to which I had to answer questions. I think it varied for each question as well, but again can't fully remember as I did quite a few video interviews around the same time! There were no opportunities to re-record answers unfortunately.
Hey guys. Has anyone heard any updates on their assessment centre after passing the video interview? I've applied for Corp Tax and would love to know what to expect!
Original post by Westeros
Hey guys. Has anyone heard any updates on their assessment centre after passing the video interview? I've applied for Corp Tax and would love to know what to expect!

I have received an email telling me that the role I applied for has been filled :frown:
Original post by ferrety_boy
I have received an email telling me that the role I applied for has been filled :frown:

Oh no :frown: what line of service and office did you apply for? Have they not offered you an alternative?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending