The Student Room Group

(AQA) A Level English Language Study Group + Notes from an A-grade student 📚📝

Hey, so I finished my A level exams in June, but if anyone needs help with A level English Language, whether it be notes, revision methods, names of theories, theorists, essays feel free to ask here or PM me! :smile:

I studied A2 English Language, it is made up of 80% exams and 20% coursework/NEA.

The course spec (exams only):

Language Change (old english)

World Englishes

Language Diversity (ethnicity, age, gender, social class, occupation, social group)

Accent and Dialect

Meanings and representations - analysing texts and comparing modern and old texts

Coursework:
First year:

Original writing

Style model

Commentary

Second year:

Original writing (Language investigation)

The spec is here (will add)

Textbook I used (will add)

Here's some revision websites and Youtube videos I used:
will add

The Student Room's A level English Language will add

I have wayyy more notes and model answers which I'd be willing to upload to a Google Drive folder or post them here, just ask me or PM me if you want them!

If you have any questions please ask me here. Good luck if you're studying A level English Language :smile:

Congratulations to all that are going to uni this year! I wish you the best with your future! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Aw that's lovely kiki. Congratulations.

Though this thread was probably better placed in English exams and study help.:smile: If you want to help out do check out the unanswered threads there.:biggrin:
Reply 3
Would it be possible if you could PM me please?

Just need some advice with English Lang as I’m about to go into Yr 13.

Thanks in advance😁
Please could you also PM me? I’m really struggling with my NEA for the language investigation
Thank youu x
Hi,

Will you be updating this anytime soon with the links and etc.

Congrats on your results you did amazing! I hope i can be a proud on my results day haha.

Hi can you add them please? I’m really struggling with English lanaguage atm and could do with some help please
Original post by icygrl
Hey, so I finished my A level exams in June, but if anyone needs help with A level English Language, whether it be notes, revision methods, names of theories, theorists, essays feel free to ask here or PM me! :smile:

I studied A2 English Language, it is made up of 80% exams and 20% coursework/NEA.

[ul]
[li]Language Change (old english)[/li]
[li]World Englishes[/li]
[li]Language Diversity (ethnicity, age, gender, social class, occupation, social group)[/li]
[li]Accent and Dialect[/li]
[li]Meanings and representations - analysing texts and comparing modern and old texts[/li]
[/ul]
Coursework:
First year:
[ul]
[li]Original writing[/li]
[li]Style model[/li]
[li]Commentary[/li]
[/ul]
Second year:
[ul]
[li]Original writing (Language investigation)[/li]
[/ul]

will add

I have wayyy more notes and model answers which I'd be willing to upload to a Google Drive folder or post them here, just ask me or PM me if you want them!

How did you revise?
Will add

Best advice to a student considering A level English language /studying A level English language ?

Will add

If you have any questions please ask me here. Good luck if you're studying A level English Language :smile:

Updated Friday 17th August 2018

I received my A level results yesterday and I got ...

Spoiler

I'm so happy and proud of myself! All the hard work paid off and all that stress and worrying was all for nothing!
Work hard, believe in yourself and never give up!
Congratulations to all that are going to uni this year! I wish you the best with your future! :smile:

Please can you PM your notes, would really appreciate x
could you pm me please?? i’ve got my year 12 english lang mock tomorrow :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by icygrl

[ul]
[li]Language Change (old english)[/li]
[li]World Englishes[/li]
[li]Language Diversity (ethnicity, age, gender, social class, occupation, social group)[/li]
[li]Accent and Dialect[/li]
[li]Meanings and representations - analysing texts and comparing modern and old texts[/li]
[/ul]
Coursework:
First year:
[ul]
[li]Original writing[/li]
[li]Style model[/li]
[li]Commentary[/li]
[/ul]
Second year:
[ul]
[li]Original writing (Language investigation)[/li]
[/ul]

will add

How did you revise?
Will add

Best advice to a student considering A level English language /studying A level English language ?

Will add

Updated Friday 17th August 2018

I received my A level results yesterday and I got ...

Spoiler

I'm so happy and proud of myself! All the hard work paid off and all that stress and worrying was all for nothing!
Work hard, believe in yourself and never give up!

Could you please send me your notes would be a great help?
Reply 10
Original post by naomihall_
Please could you also PM me? I’m really struggling with my NEA for the language investigation
Thank youu x

Original post by fikayomipeters
Hi,

Will you be updating this anytime soon with the links and etc.

Congrats on your results you did amazing! I hope i can be a proud on my results day haha.

Original post by username4243340
Hi can you add them please? I’m really struggling with English lanaguage atm and could do with some help please

Original post by TellMeWhy123232
Please can you PM your notes, would really appreciate x

Original post by caitlinwynne
could you pm me please?? i’ve got my year 12 english lang mock tomorrow :smile:

Original post by Soroh Smith
Could you please send me your notes would be a great help?

Original post by stell15
Would it be possible if you could PM me please?

Just need some advice with English Lang as I’m about to go into Yr 13.

Thanks in advance😁

Hey, can you guys PM me your emails? I'll upload all my notes to a Google Drive so if you guys have a Gmail account you can download them from there :h:
I'm new what does PM mean? :smile:
Reply 12
private message

Original post by Jade2019
I'm new what does PM mean? :smile:
Thx
Hey, PM me them too please? :smile: x
Hi you still active ?
Can you send me the folder? If you don’t mind, that is.

Latest