The Student Room Group

CUSU shadowing scheme 2019

(Might be a bit too early, but since the applications have opened, why not...)

Is anyone applying to the shadowing scheme?

My first choice is Medicine and the second is PBS.

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when we’ll hear back?
Original post by Ally-mai
Does anyone know when we’ll hear back?

The site says "We will be allocating the places later in the year - please login here later in the year."

My first choice is Economics, and second is Maths. How about yours?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Infinite Series
The site says "We will be allocating the places later in the year - please login here later in the year."

My first choice is Economics, and second is Maths. How about yours?

My first choice is Maths and my second (I think) is Linguistics.
So I just got a Student Room account pretty much just so I could comment on this thread!

I've applied for Maths as my first choice and Philosophy as my second - I've been refreshing my emails all day waiting for a response! Are they coming out today?
Reply 5
Original post by RavenclawOwl
So I just got a Student Room account pretty much just so I could comment on this thread!

I've applied for Maths as my first choice and Philosophy as my second - I've been refreshing my emails all day waiting for a response! Are they coming out today?

No idea, but it would be nice to know. I think it was about this time last year, but there has been very little traffic on SR this year compared to previous.
I know! I wonder if not as many people have applied, or if they’re just being quiet about it?
Reply 7
HOW TF DID YOU GET REJECTION FOR A LACK OF MENTORS? who thinks that this is my fault?
Original post by maah001
No idea, but it would be nice to know. I think it was about this time last year, but there has been very little traffic on SR this year compared to previous.

:crossedf::crossedf:
Reply 9
:crossedf::crossedf:

Check your account for the CUSU??
I was rejected. Oh well, at least I tried.

I was just rejected too :frown::frown::frown:. I really did think I had a chance of getting in... Oh well.
Same, I met pretty much all the criteria.
Same, I met pretty much all the criteria.

At least we can be sad together :s-smilie:.
I don't know anyone who has been to uni, so I have no idea what t0 expect! I was kind of letting myself get my hopes up, which I obviously regret now - I just thought it would be so amazing...
Apparently they had loads of applicants for science though, maybe they could only let in people who fit all the criteria. I'll still apply for the summer schools, though I guess I won't get into those either!
Reply 14
At least we can be sad together :s-smilie:.
I don't know anyone who has been to uni, so I have no idea what t0 expect! I was kind of letting myself get my hopes up, which I obviously regret now - I just thought it would be so amazing...
Apparently they had loads of applicants for science though, maybe they could only let in people who fit all the criteria. I'll still apply for the summer schools, though I guess I won't get into those either!

Same I met the criteria
Original post by hd...
Same I met the criteria

Did anyone get in??? It must have been really oversubcribed!
Reply 16
Original post by hd...
HOW TF DID YOU GET REJECTION FOR A LACK OF MENTORS? who thinks that this is my fault?

I was just rejected too :frown::frown::frown:. I really did think I had a chance of getting in... Oh well.

Just to say, schemes like this are hugely popular and therefore very oversubscribed. It's actually "harder" to land a place on the scheme than getting an offer from the university...

There's usually over 2000 applicants for just over 300 places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Did anyone get in??? It must have been really oversubcribed!

Is there any college shadowing schemes taking place in Cambridge?
Reply 18
Original post by hd...
Is there any college shadowing schemes taking place in Cambridge?

Do you mean separately to CUSU? No I don't think so.

But there are other outreach schemes - eg. the residential mentioned in the 2020 applicants thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=80459328&postcount=64
Reply 19
Original post by Doonesbury
Do you mean separately to CUSU? No I don't think so.

But there are other outreach schemes - eg. the residential mentioned in the 2020 applicants thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=80459328&postcount=64

I can apply during year 12 right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending