The Student Room Group

Year 11’s going out and getting really drunk

My friends all do this but I don’t go
What’s ur opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bad bad bad
I don’t do it much. My mom is suuuuper strict 😂😂 when I have gone out it was to a friends house then i slept over and she found out but I think she’s only caring about me. Wby ?
depends, if you think 25 year olds doing the same thing is accpetable then youre being unfair.
maturity isnt based on age
Reply 4
None of our business tbh
Reply 5
Original post by Gent2324
depends, if you think 25 year olds doing the same thing is accpetable then youre being unfair.

In what universe are 15 and 25 year olds remotely alike? 🙄 that’s a ten year age difference, mate
My mum is bey strict and won’t let me drink which is fine but now whenever they go out they drink, and get so angry because I don’t
My opinion is that it's their education they are screwing up.
Original post by Tundra 3
In what universe are 15 and 25 year olds remotely alike? 🙄 that’s a ten year age difference, mate

so? people can be mature at 15, people can be immature at 25. its not fair to judge someones maturity purely based off their age
Original post by étudiant fatigué
My mum is bey strict and won’t let me drink which is fine but now whenever they go out they drink, and get so angry because I don’t

What do you mean by 'going out' and getting drunk? It is illegal for under 18's to buy alcohol. No business that doesn't want to have their licence to sell alcohol taken away would sell to an under-18. You friends would have to have an adult buying them beer, wine, or cider for them with a meal.

Well, it isn't illegal for 25 year olds to be purchasing alcohol like it is for a 15/16 year old.
Original post by ihatespongebob
Well, it isn't illegal for 25 year olds to be purchasing alcohol like it is for a 15/16 year old.

i wasnt talking about the legality of it, but rather the maturity side. if you just care about whether its legal or not then obviously 15 year olds shouldnt.
Their parents buy them alcohol for their parties, but my parents are strict and don’t want me to go out to parties with alcohol
so? people can be mature at 15, people can be immature at 25. its not fair to judge someones maturity purely based off their age

I can somewhat agree with you on that, but the majority of 15 year olds aren’t going to be as mature/have the amount of life experiences as somebody in their mid twenties.
Maturity doesn’t really matter though as a 15 year old’s brain is still developing, no matter how ‘mature’ they are. And drinking alcohol CAN affect a child’s brain development.
Original post by Tundra 3
I can somewhat agree with you on that, but the majority of 15 year olds aren’t going to be as mature/have the amount of life experiences as somebody in their mid twenties.
Maturity doesn’t really matter though as a 15 year old’s brain is still developing, no matter how ‘mature’ they are. And drinking alcohol CAN affect a child’s brain development.

drinking alcohol can kill you regardless, doesnt matter if youre a kid or an adult.
i agree with you that most 15 year olds arent mature, but its unfair to generalize all 15 year olds as not being very mature when they are definately 15 year olds that are very mature.
Original post by ihatespongebob
What do you mean by 'going out' and getting drunk? It is illegal for under 18's to buy alcohol. No business that doesn't want to have their licence to sell alcohol taken away would sell to an under-18. You friends would have to have an adult buying them beer, wine, or cider for them with a meal.

Completely off topic but uno underage people can get alcohol really easily. Ask a random person on the street to step into the corner shop or something and buy a bottle of vodka or anything. Ask older friends/siblings to buy it. Or ask connections to get it for you.
I literally won’t be allowed to drink until after sixth form, what do u think about that, are my parents being unreasonable
Original post by Purplebottle
Completely off topic but uno underage people can get alcohol really easily. Ask a random person on the street to step into the corner shop or something and buy a bottle of vodka or anything. Ask older friends/siblings to buy it. Or ask connections to get it for you.

Doesn't change the fact that it is still illegal.
If I was getting drunk at 15/16 my parents would have yeeted me into next year
drinking alcohol can kill you regardless, doesnt matter if youre a kid or an adult.
i agree with you that most 15 year olds arent mature, but its unfair to generalize all 15 year olds as not being very mature when they are definately 15 year olds that are very mature.

I don’t think you really understood what I was trying to say. Yes, alcohol can kill both kids and adults. But it’s a lot more dangerous for kids to be drinking as their brains are still developing & alcohol can have a negative effect on that.
+++++it is fair to generalise all 15 year olds

Quick Reply

Latest