The Student Room Group

2 tourists killed (1 beheaded) in Morocco by “terrorists”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46632182

2 women, one Danish and the other Norwegian, have been killed in Imlil in Morocco by suspected terrorists. There is a video of one of women apparently being beheaded.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Morocco hasn’t had a terror attack (before this one) since 2011. The biggest risk to tourists there is getting ripped off or robbed, not killed.
Original post by MartinF98
Morocco hasn’t had a terror attack (before this one) since 2011. The biggest risk to tourists there is getting ripped off or robbed, not killed.

I'm sure these ladies were consoled by that thought even as their life blood drained out of them.
the religion of peace strikes again
Original post by Good bloke
I'm sure these ladies were consoled by that thought even as their life blood drained out of them.

I doubt he was aiming his statement at the victims themselves, probably just British and European people who sometimes assume that all these brown and black countries are dangerous. Morocco is pretty safe, probably safer from terrorism than France and the UK.
Must be those white christian heterosexual males again...
It’s a shame because Morocco typically is very safe from terror and a major part of their economy is tourism, which is most likely going to suffer now because of these wastemen (the attackers just to be clear). I went there last year and it was alright, there’s a lot of scam artists and dodgy types but it’s quite a nice place overall.
Quite sad, apparently they were penetrated before being killed
Original post by Mandem67

what on earth? proves how scummy humans can get. the burning pits of Satan await :smile:
Original post by akbar0123
I doubt he was aiming his statement at the victims themselves, probably just British and European people who sometimes assume that all these brown and black countries are dangerous. Morocco is pretty safe, probably safer from terrorism than France and the UK.

Only because both France and the UK have large immigrant populations.
I was just in Morocco not too long ago.
Original post by MartinF98

The Times this morning analyses the event and shows you are being a bit optimistic::

With fierce law enforcement, including many arrests, the vast kingdom of 34 million has been free of jihadist attacks since April 2011, when a bomb killed 17 people, including 11 Europeans, in Marrakesh. Before that, in 2003, a wave of suicide attacks in Casablanca, the financial capital, killed 33 people.

Since the Marrakesh atrocity, the king has had some success in defusing unrest by accompanying the crackdown with liberalising measures and the promotion of moderate Islam. Tourism has blossomed again as Morocco earned an image as a safer destination than Egypt, Turkey or nearby Tunisia.

But the authorities frequently warn of danger, reporting arrests and thwarted plots. Since 2001 nearly 3,000 people have been arrested and 341 terrorist plots halted, according to the Central Bureau of Judicial Investigations, the elite anti-terrorist service. [this is an order of magnitude worse that Britain, which has almost double the population.]

One of the main threats stems from the estimated 1,700 Moroccans who left to fight with Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Many are now believed to be in Libya, where Islamist groups are said to be supplying arms to jihadists in Morocco.

It seems the Moroccans are keeping the full enormity of the threat under wraps. The full article is behind a paywall:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/morocco-backpacker-murders-nightmare-for-nation-reliant-on-tourism-6gr6lqjkz
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mandem67

Yeah at the start of the video the girl is not wearing any trousers so that suggests they’ve probably penetrated her before the beheading.
Original post by NickAlex12
Yeah at the start of the video the girl is not wearing any trousers so that suggests they’ve probably penetrated her before the beheading.

Lol why would you watch that fam
Original post by akbar0123
Lol why would you watch that fam

No I watch a lot of gore videos in my spare time not just this one specifically
Morocco hasn't had a terror attack because they prefer to do them in France.
Original post by muthalganesan18
Morocco hasn't had a terror attack because they prefer to do them in France.

No most of those terrorists are born and bred in France to Moroccan parents or came at an early age and then radicalised in France by other 2nd gens. Moroccans don’t go to France to do terror attacks usually.
Why is terrorist in quotation marks... not like non terrorist people do that kind of thing is it
No I watch a lot of gore videos in my spare time not just this one specifically

That’s even worse!
No most of those terrorists are born and bred in France to Moroccan parents or came at an early age and then radicalised in France by other 2nd gens. Moroccans don’t go to France to do terror attacks usually.

Actually that's pretty much true. Hence why I view the problem as non-religious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending